Chapter 9

Three years later

Jane's POV

I quickly snuck out of my cousin Case's room, trying to stifle my giggles. I went downstairs and looked at the picture on my phone. It was Case with a permanent marker silly face with glasses and mustache drawn on him in his sleep. I couldn't hold in my giggles anymore so I just started laughing. "What's so funny" someone asked.

I jumped and turned around and I saw that it was Case's little sister Jordan. She also likes to pull pranks with us, so I showed her the picture of my prank and she burst out laughing. Just then we heard Case yell: "JANE!!!!!" I squealed and started to dash out of the pack house, but didn't quite make it to the door before Case caught me. "Going somewhere?" he asked.

"No," I said and then I turned around and burst out laughing, Case just glared at me.

Then he sobered up, "Jane I have something I need to tell you." He said.

"Ok?"I asked nervously.

"So as you know your brother Justin has taken over the pack, well it turns out that they were attacked by rouges, and well he asked me if he could bring his pack here to train harder since we are the strongest pack in America..... And I agreed." He said nervously.

"You what????" I exclaimed.

"I need to go, I can't see them." I said frantically.

"You can't because they are coming and should be here in an hour, and you are our best fighter, we need you to lead training." Case said.

"Fine," I said sighing, "I'm gonna go shower and get ready."

"Ok," Case said.

I went into my bedroom and found some workout clothes and then I went to my attached bathroom and got in the shower. After about 20 minutes in the shower I got out, I put my hair in a towel to dry and started to get dressed and put on a little makeup and then I blow dried it dry. I wasn't paying attention because I was so lost in thought, and I heard the doorbell ring. I knew it was them. I then heard talking downstairs but I ignored it. I looked in the mirror and screamed. "CASE!!!!!! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!!!" my hair was electric blue, he must have put hair dye in my shampoo again. I then heard a knock on my door, and I knew it was Case. I opened the door, and right as I opened it a flash went off, and I realized he took a picture!!!! Then he wisely started running away. "CASE!!!!" I yelled and dashed after him, He just kept running laughing. I ran past the living room and chased him into the kitchen, where he had disappeared. I groaned in frustration. "This better not be permanent" I muttered. Then I got an idea. I grinned mischievously because I knew the other pack would be able to hear me.

"OH CASEY-WASEY." I yelled, "WHERE ARE YOU?"

There were snickers from the living room they were probably all wondering why a pack member was treating their alpha this way, Suddenly a growl was heard and arms wrapped around me and picked me up. He walked into the living room in front of everyone and threw me on the couch. I squealed, then before I could get up, he started tickling me. "St-stop!" I said with tears running down my face from laughing so hard.

"Not until you say you're sorry!!! Come on, say it, Say it!!!" he said tauntingly.

"Ok, fine, I'm sorry." I said.

He stopped tickling me. Then I got an idea. "Hey Casey-Wasey, nice mustache glad you got that. By the way this isn't permanent is it?" I asked pointing to my hair.

He shook his head and said "no it should wash out in a day or two." I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Good, I said, oh, and by the way I used permanent marker so that should be on for a day or two also." I said laughing, he growled and started to come tickle me again when there was a clearing of someone's throat.

I immediately stiffened. Darn it I forgot that there were other people here. Case saw my stiffened posture, so he said "Relax cuz, you'll do great." I just nodded my head and took a deep breath, then I slowly turned around only to see shocked faces.

The faces of my old pack members.