Chapter 2

Jane's POV

I was out walking enjoying the calmness and peacefulness of nature. I loved visiting this place. My name is Jane Tara Evans. I am 17 years old, and I have 5 siblings, 3 brothers and 2 sisters. My siblings' names are Justin, Jessica, James, Jade, and John. The youngest is John and he is almost a year old. They are all back at the house. They would prefer to play indoors, but not me. I love it out here. Especially where I am now. The place where my mom and dad had their first date, and also where my dad proposed to my mom. After almost 20 years of knowing each other, they are still in love like they just met yesterday. I want that. I want a love with my mate that will last forever, and I know it will happen. I just don't know when. I don't even know who my mate will be, I just hope that they will be kind and loving, kind of like my dad. My dad is the alpha of the pack and me being the oldest, I will be the next leader, my mate will be alpha and I will be Luna. I hope that he will not mind the responsibility. I also hope that he will like me for me. I am pretty I guess, at least a lot of guys seem to think so, with my blonde hair and my 5 ft 3 height, I look just like my mother. Except for my eyes I got that from my dad. I have hazel eyes, and that is probably my favorite feature, they are so beautiful. I know that most people think that blue eyes are pretty, like my mom's eyes, but I prefer hazel. I am completely a daddy's girl, I feel like I can tell him anything, and he will understand. I mean I can talk to both my parents about anything, I just feel like my dad is easier to talk to. I love talking to both of them though. I took a deep breath of the fresh air and I sighed; I really loved this place, it was a little island in the middle of a lake, with a treehouse. A lot of people have to take a boat, including my dad, to get to it. However, since my mom was half angel, I got a little bit of that too. So I have wings as well. So I don't usually take a boat over there since I can just use my wings. The only difference between my mom's angel and mine, is that she can feel other people's emotions, while I have the ability to heal any living creature, be it human or animal. Which I honestly think is cool but really weird, considering I hate the sight of blood. I just feel so bad for whoever is hurt that it makes me sick to see someone bleeding. I can't stand to see people in pain. However, I don't use that power much since we haven't been attacked in years, considering we are the second strongest pack in the country. We haven't even seen a rouge in a long time. Here in the wolf light pack, we are very strong and prepared, so even if we were attacked then it would be an easy win for us. However, the alpha does have one weakness; his family. That's right, if anyone in his family gets hurt, like his children or mate, then he will immediately stop fighting and protect them. It is sweet, but it scares me as well because accidents do happen, so that weakness could cost him his life; and I can't live without him, I can't live without my dad. I don't know what I would do, who would guide me. At least that is long ways off... Hopefully.

I was suddenly pulled out of my train of thought by a twig snapping, I turned around and it was my mom's best friend and basically like my aunt, May. Aunt May came to our pack about 10 years ago, she got lost in the woods, and then when she found her way back her pack was dead, and she couldn't even find her husband or son, for all she knows he is dead, and at the time she was pregnant with her second child. Naturally we took her in, and she ended up having a beautiful baby girl that she named Rose. Ever since then she has been taking care of me and been one of my biggest confidants. Rose is also a part of my family she is like my cousin. She actually is just about to turn 10 in about two months' time.

"Janey, Are you alright, you have been staring off into space for quite some time now?" Aunt May said.

"Yes Aunt May, and you really enjoy calling me Janey instead of Jane don't you?" I said.

"Yes, yes I do, It reminds me of when you were little and you saw the movie "Tarzan", and you wanted to be like Jane so you told everyone to call you Janey, just like the Jane from the movie. You were so cute when you were little." She said chuckling.