"Luc--"

"I know you see it, too." Lucy harshly interrupts, the sad smile on her face not vanishing. "I know you see how beautiful she is and how she's not that confused little girl that you hate so much. Her long, beautiful black hair and her wonderfully shaped lips. Not to mention those beautiful, forest green eyes that look like they change color everyday. Beautiful, fit body that could melt anyone with just the sight. You know that she's matured into this gorgeous woman. That's why you can't hate her. You hate thirteen year old Lauren, not Lauren herself. You hate that she's different and that she's changed for the better. You hate that it hurts deep inside to hurt her because she's the image of twelve year old Camila. She's shy, afraid, confused, and so self conscious. That's why you can't hate Lauren, Mila."

I feel my heart accelerate and my hands begin to tremble when I notice the look on Camila's face. There's this tight feeling inside my chest and I can't help but feel my eyes water out of pure fright when the girl's eyes darken in only a split second. I didn't like this situation one bit.

"You don't know a single thing about what happened between me and Lauren," Camila spits out harshly. "I could care less if she changed or not, because all I see when I take even a glance at her is that fucking smirk on her face when she beat me to the point where I'd wake up an hour later not knowing what the fuck happened! You can't tell me that I don't hate her, because I do!"

I feel my heart break at the tone of her voice, my cheeks burned up and my chest constricted. It was difficult to keep from feeling that pang deep inside my chest, and the constant pain of my daily life wasn't helping either. This weird pain and confusion was never going to come to an end. It was like what I did to Camila would forever be imprinted onto my soul.

"I'm sorry, Camz." I whisper into the quiet room, feeling my eyes water at the glassy look in her broken gaze.

"Camila, you can't keep holding onto this. Lauren was a child, you were both just kids. She's different. Let her make it up to you." Lucy tries softly, placing a hand over the girls arm.

Camila pulls away forcefully and scowls, "Nothing will ever change my hatred for her, Lucy."

"Don't say that. That's not true," Lucy argues.

"It is, and there's nothing you can do to prove otherwise."

Lucy stares at the brunette for a few seconds before whispering, "I like her Camila..."

Camila doesn't look at her right away. Only stares down at her feet like she didn't care at all. The look on her face shows me that she's genuinely scared and confused as she looks up. The glassy look in her eyes and the way her lips trembled, "Dinah hates me as it is...you can't let her take you away from me, too."

"Oh, Mila." Lucy sighs, bringing the girl into tight a hug. I watch the interaction from the small screen behind them, feeling the tear trickle down my ear. I had done this to a poor girl.

"Lauren hurt me, Lucy. She did this to me...I can't bring myself to ever forgive her." Camila croaks, sniffing softly into the girls shoulder. My eyes flutter closed and I hold back the terrible sobs that crawl up my throat. I wipe the tears away harshly and place a hand over my mouth, a trembling sigh leaving my lips. I quickly end the call and lock my screen, tossing the phone onto the other side of the bed.

I cradle my knees into my chest and sniff loudly, letting the tears slip down my cheeks as I let her words sink into my heart.