sixteen

Nathan was going to think I was some kind of angel in this outfit!

Hahaha no.

I decided to go with some skinny jeans and a sweater I had purchased at Charlotte Russe a couple weeks ago. To seal the deal, I went with my beat up converse. My normally wavy locks were pulled back into a high ponytail, a thin headband keeping my bangs from falling. I went with no makeup, not bothering to make myself look like a clown. A brush was swept through my hair after it was up. I slipped my purity ring on just for safety.

I'm sure I looked great!

Sarcasm is a gift.

The doorbell rang at exactly 6:01. I pulled myself off the couch and repositioned my headband. When I opened the door, I was met with a smiling face and a small, purple tulip. A grin found it's way to my face as a lean hand handed over the petite flower.

It looked as delicate as a... Flower? Yeah, I can't think of anything else. Ooh! How about a porcelain doll? Okay, let's try this poetic shit again. It looked as delicate as a porcelain doll. That's pretty good, but I keep wanting to say rose. Ugh. Flower Problems.

"Ready?" Nathan's eyes were crinkled at the corners, evidence that his grin was real and genuine. Okay, I know you probably can't imagine this in your head, but it was really cute, okay? I felt special that his smile was real. I've been given a lot of fake smiles in my lifetime and I now think I'm a expert on reading the signs of a real or fake smile.

"Yeah." And we walked arm and arm to the car, me opening my own door, but hey. We can't all be perfect.

-/-_-\-

I'M SO SORRY.

THIS IS HORRIBLE.

I WAS BEING STUPID WHEN I WROTE THIS.

NO, I WAS NOT DOING DRUGS.

NOT PHYSICALLY, MAYBE MENTALLY.

SEE?

UGH.

BLAME WooWoo.

BYE.