Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Sara's POV

  As soon as Melissa walked back into her room she demanded the full story on what happened with Harry and I tonight. "Tell me everything that happened with you and Harry!" she exclaimed.

  What had happened between us?

  I told her about 20 questions, and how I almost spilled the beans about my past. She looked a little shocked. She knew how hard it was for me to talk about my past. "Do you want him to know?" she asked me.

  "No. Maybe. I don't know! Not now at least. We're just starting to actually get along."

  Melissa nodded in understanding. "How much did you tell him?"

  "Not much. Just that I have a lot of baggage." I told her. Melissa nodded once again. "Look, nothing really happened. We worked on our project most of the time."

  "Did anything else happen?" Melissa asked me.

  "I might have developed a little crush on him." I mumbled, looking down at the bed and scratching the back of my neck nervously, hoping she didn't hear me.

  "WHAT?!"

  "Nothing." I said shrugging.

  "SARA LANE DON'T YOU DARE LIE TO ME!!" she said smiling, knowing what I had said.

  "Okay...maybe I like him a little. But just a little!"

  Melissa stood up on her bed and started jumping up and down jostling me around screaming, "I WAS RIGHT! I WAS RIGHT!"

  I covered my ears and tried pulling her back down into a sitting position, but she just pushed my hands away. She went on like that for a few minutes until I looked over and realized the window in her room was open. Our neighbors could hear her. More importantly the neighbor who this conversation has revolved around. "Melissa!! Shut up!! The damn windows are open!"

  As soon as I said that Melissa froze in her spot and sat back down. I started laughing at her, "I can't believe you did that!!"

  "Neither can I." she said as she walked over to her window and shut it quickly, "I knew he was a good guy and what did you say? 'I don't think so.' You doubted me Sara Lane! You doubted me! Now say I was right!"

  "I'm not gonna say that." I said chuckling.

  "SAY IT OR I WILL OPEN THE DAMN WINDOWS AND SCREAM THAT YOU LIKE HARRY STYLES."

  "Fine!" I said, not wanting her to embarrass myself and her, "You were right." I mumble under my breath.

  "What was that?" she asked cupping her ear, "I don't think I heard you right."

  "You were right!" I say in a little louder voice this time.

  "That's right! I was right! Thank you, thank you." she says as she bows.

  I roll my eyes at her, "I'm tired. I'm going to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow." I say as I walk out of Melissa's room.

  As I walk out I hear her shout, "HAVE SWEET DREAMS OF HARRY STYLES!!"

  I roll my eyes and smile as I get into bed. What a day. I'll have to ask Melissa how her day went tomorrow, seeing as I am tired as hell. I hear Melissa walk downstairs and turn the TV on, the volume down low. Within 10 minutes I fall into a deep slumber.

~~~~~~~~~~~

  The next morning I wake up from the bright sun coming through my windows. I must've forgotten to close my curtains last night before going to sleep. I quickly panic, thinking it's a school day, but soon realize that it's thankfully Saturday. I roll over and grab my phone off the nightstand and see that it's only 9:25. I unlock it and check for any new texts and I see that I have one new text. From Harry Styles, it reads. How did I get his number in my phone? My heart flutters a little as I open up the text.