The mystery

I wake up and look at the sun that is shining on my face through the window.

Isn't it Saturday? I raise up and look around. I look at my phone, and my stomach drops in response to the memories of last night.

I pick up my phone and look at the messages.

One from the mystery person:

You'll never find out who I am. I have too much power to be found.

And another from Dani:

Kayla...can we hang out? You seem down.

I look at the mystery message. My stomach flip flops, syncing with my other emotions right now. I begin to type something:

I'll figure you out.

I then respond to Danis message:

Not right now, later, promise :).

I go and begin to research.
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
After about hours, I didn't have much luck. I sit back and sigh, what am I going to do?

My stomach makes a low growl. I probably should find something to eat. I go to the cabinets to find they're empty and cannot satisfy my hunger.

I go to the supermarket down the road. I'll just pick me something small to eat.

I walk in and look at the cashier. They look like they'd rather be dead right now. I try to give them a friendly smile. They just glance at me.

As I walk down the isles looking at the snacks,my phone goes off. I look and see the mystery person number. I pick it up. Anger begins to course through me.

"What?"

I hear like a really really low voice. It has to be modified to be that low. He lets out a low chuckle.

"Having fun?"

I growl " what the heck do you want?"

As I walk down the isles, I begin to hear like an...echo almost? I question and begin to search.

"How's Joey? Is he still in bad shape?" He laughs.

"He's fine." I shoot back.

I look down the isles for the echo. Where is it coming from.

"Not from what I've heard...cuz I did hit him pretty...bad." He says, dragging it out.

I feel my heart stop. So he was the one that hit him. I feel the anger begin to course through my veins as I continue searching for the echo...he has to be here...I have to find him.

"No he's better." I keep my voice steady, trying to keep him on the phone.

As I walk down the chips isle, I see someone on the phone. I see him speak at the same time as the person on the phone.

Oh my god...

The person turns around and sees me. I see the horror on his face.

It was Dereck. He drops his phone and looks at me in aw. I storm towards him.

I steady my glance "Dereck...why?" My voice is choking out.

He looks down and back up at me "because...I wanted you...Kayla...I loved you...and when we could be together you didn't want me..."

I feel the familiar sensation of tears running down my face. "Dereck! You left me for money!" I shout at him. He reaches for my hand. I smack it away.

I dead stare him..."Don't EVER talk to me again." I storm away with tears streaming down my face.
*-*-*-*-*-*
As I walk in I realize I should tell the investigator.

I find the number they gave me and began to call.

My voice is scratchy from all the crying.

"I know who hit Joey."

"W-what? Who?" The investigators ask.

"Dereck Brown." I choke out. There is a moment of shuffling in the background. Then a reply "We'll get this under control." The investigator says.

I lay in bed. That's what I've been doing a lot lately...I take my phone and let people know what I've discovered. I get happy comments and such.

I text Joey about it. His reply was :

finally...we can get this over with and I can finally hang out with you again.

That message makes my heart flutter. I smile and we exchange goodnights. I lay in bed feeling the most relieved and happy I have been in awhile.

-*-*-*-*-*-*

The next morning, my phone had blown up with all kinds of messages. I smile because they're all mostly happy. My mom greets me with a big, gentle, smile on her face. "Dereck has been arrested."

The thought seems to kind of hit me hard. In both a positive and negative way. I use to love him after all, but that's no excuse for what he's done. Then I feel bad for the girl he got pregnant too...but she can find someone better than Dereck.

Joey calls me and we sit and chat happily. The doctor says he is recovering remarkably well, and should be out in about a week or so. I click on the TV, and turn it to the news. The young lady on the TV sits with a frown. "Dereck Brown has been arrested for attempted murder, of Joey Smith." It shows a picture of Dereck , from his mug shot.

It makes me happy that this has finally been resolved, and I can be myself and kind of normal again. Dani sends me a message to celebrate with ice-cream.

We sit and talk about what's happen and I fill her on e stuff she didn't know. She wraps an arm around me "I'm glad ill have my old Kayla back to herself."I laugh and we continue to eat our ice-cream. This is the best I've been in awhile...

-------------------------
A/n~
Eh I'm almost ready to end this story! Probably a chapter or two. I've had this book since 2013...it's been so long. I'm ready to move on with this story xD.

Well I hope you guys enjoy