Is This a Hangover?

When I wake up, my head pounds. I touch my hand gingerly to my head. I sit up and look around. I'm laying on a couch, the living room looks nice and cleaned up. A painting, some vases with fake flowers.

Where am I? I sit up even more an look at the coffee table, there's pain killers. I grab them and gulp them down, feeling relieved that they was waiting there.

A figure appears above me, "morning sunshine." That voice? Who is it? Light floods the room. I squint my eyes, and the figure comes into clear view. I should've known who it was. "Joey?"

He smiles, "feeling okay?"

I nod, and give a small grin. I get up and sit at the edge of the couch. I can feel smeared eyeliner and mascara. Joey sits down next to me.

I get a good look at him...and my jaw drops. He is sitting there beside me, in nothing but...shorts. I stare at the well toned abs...his hair is glistening wet...he must've had a shower. As much as I hate to say it....he looks drop dead gorgeous right now.

My mouth hangs open. Joey chuckles, "Do you like what you see?". My cheeks burn in embarrassment. I snap my gaze away and pretend I'm interested in the vase full of fake flowers. He chuckles, and I feel clothes thrown at me.

"These was my sister's when she used to live here." He tells me, I pick up the clothes and get a look at them. Now that I think of it, I do remember mention of an older sister. "Get yourself cleaned up." He says gesturing towards the shower.

I pick myself up and take a look in the bathroom. You could tell it was used by a boy. A razor sat on the sink, along with shaving cream and after shave just thrown to the side, a thing of hair gel. But along the mess was a thing of bar soap, and some good smelling shampoo and conditioner waiting for me.

I jump in and start showering. Letting the warm water rush over me. It feels really nice.

It's like I feel the hangover melt away.

Soon after I get out and put on the clothes, which were extremely comfortable! The shirt was a light long sleeve that had a black and white rose, the shorts was black cotton, I throw my hair in a bun. I admire myself too, not half bad.

I walk out and see Joey actually fully clothed. Thank god, anymore and I would've fainted. He glances up at me from his cellphone.

"Hey, cutie." He smirks. A small blush cover my cheek. "Shut up, don't flirt with me." I say, taken back at how harsh it sounds.

Joey mocks being hurt "But those clothes are adorable on you." He gets and walks to me.

I stand there as he looks me in the eye. He rubs the back of his across my cheek. I look away my blush deepening. He leans in really close, his nose almost touch my cheek. I can feel his hot breath. "You are so cute when your embarrassed..." He whispers.

I punch him in the stomach, but not too hard just to give him a hint. "Don't pop my personal bubble!"

"Playing hard to get are we?" He cocks an eyebrow.

"Shut up." I mutter.

He picks up some keys and swings them around his fingers. He walks to the door. "C'mon, princess. I got to take you home." He looks back at me.

Oh crap. My parents are going to kill me. I've been out all night.

I follow him, and get in his car.

He starts the car and turns up the radio. One of the top songs playing. I song along, then he sings too.

We spend the rest of the car ride like that.
*******

I finally arrive home. I get out and he does the same.

I go to the porch step. "Thanks for the ride." I look at him.

"Welcome." And then he cups my cheek. Leans down and plants a soft lingering kiss on my lips.

I don't fight and kiss him back. Let my guard down around him. I don't know what to think anymore...

We pull back, a small smile plays on his lips "Your letting you guard down."

I blush and look away. "Bye Joey." I say and walk inside.

My mom is sitting on the couch "Where have you been?" She says with a worried look on her face.

"Oh...I went to a small get together and fell asleep so, Joey took me to his house and I slept there. No worries I slept on the couch." I say. I go to my room.

I lay on my bed, which seems like all I do any more. And just think. Thinking about Dereck, Joey, School....

***********

A/n- Hallo! My lovely readers. I have updated the cast to a much suitable cast. In case the app doesn't show the update:

Lily Collins- Kayla Downing
Emma Roberts- Dani Willows
Callan McAuliffe- Dereck Brown
Nick Robinson- Joey Smith