Happily Sorta After

My day is actually normal for once, is the first thought that runs through my head. I started off with no creepy text messages, or regretful memories, it started off with the sunshine and happiness, rainbows, etc.

I drive myself to school and pick up Dani along the way. We sit and sing to the songs pouring through the speakers of the car. After hearing enough Dani reaches over and turns the volume down.

"So after all that drama with boys...are you still sticking with Joey?" One huge question that has been on a lot of minds.

I smile "Yeah, he's the guy I'm sticking with."

Dani laughs "Good...now what dress you wearing to prom? We need to coordinate..." She drones on about prom. I listen here and there, but I'm honestly not that interested.

I have became more like myself lately. I'm not dressing as I use to. Mostly t-shirts and jeans or something. My personality has mostly returned back to normal.

Dani and I walk into the school. Dani runs off to her latest boy toy. As I'm standing there something grabs my hand and laced their fingers with mine.

"Hey Joey." I smile and feel my face get warm.

He kisses my cheek really quickly "hey."

We sit and talk with out friends until the bell rings. We both separate our way to go to class.

As I'm listening to the teacher drone on about physics, my mind slips elsewhere.

Wonder what happened to Dereck...I say his rich mom bailed him out. The thought makes me internally eye roll. I should stop thinking about him. I need to focus on here and now.

Even though everything is over and done, it's still hard to stay positive and not draw myself back to the past. After a couple weeks later...I should be ready to move on.

I walk out of physics and an arm snakes around my waist. "Ready for Algebra?" Joey asks.

I just smile, this something I need to get use to.

-*-*-*-*-*

I look in the mirror at her in front of me "Are you sure? I feel like I'm missing something..." She asks.

I put my hands on mom's shoulders and rub them. "You look beautiful mom. Perfect, stunning, gorgeous, and any other words to describe beautiful."

She stands up and sighs "I just want it to be perfect.". I give her an assuring smile. "I'm sure it'll go just fine."

We walk to the building we was supposed to meet up in. I lead her into it, there stands grandpa. He stares at her in aw. "My daughter..." He links his arm around hers.

They start walking, the typical wedding music.

Yes, my mom is getting married. To the man she loves.

I walk behind and watch the little girls in front of me throwing the petals. I throw petals as well.

We make it to the alter, there stands Mark. Even though it's the second time mom is getting married, she is still so beautiful.

They stand with the most happiest smiles. I don't really remember my first dad. He left when I was really young. I'm just glad my mom moved on.

Mark and mom both go through their vows. And the preacher goes through what he says.

"You now may kiss the bride!"

They kiss, it looks so magnificent. Everyone cheers cuz we're happy for them. I can feel my heart flutter. It's feels weird having a dad.

I smile at mom after the kiss. "I'm so happy for you mom."

She looks at me with tears brimming in her eyes "Thank you sweetie."

I want something like this in the future. To marry Joey, start a family, but I can't rush it. I'll let the course take its time. I'm going to be myself and see how it goes over time.

The next step, what college I want to go too?

I get a text. I pick up my phone and read "You putting apps in yet? ;)"

I smile at Joey's text. I'm gonna finally move on with life

END

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
AUTHORS NOTE

I'm happy that this book turned out well. I know it's kinda short but I was ready for it to have an ending. I'm gonna be moving on to a new book soon. I've got some ideas.

So what did you guys think of the ending?

Should it be continued.....? *dun Dun DUNNNNNNN* lol

I want to know your opinion! Even if it's criticism, I want to know if I can approve on my writing.

I hope you guys enjoyed this book! It's finally come to and end...after 3 years (not even kidding).

That's why it ended so soon was because I felt like I was writing it for so long...and UGHHHHhHHHHHG.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed Kayla throughout her adventure!