▷▶Chapter 53◀◁

Start from the beginning

"Do I get a goodbye make out?" I asked suddenly. If my girl is going to just leave me like that, I'm gonna deserve at least a goodbye make out.

"No."

"Tch." I grumbled.

"Just kidding." The words rolled off her tongue, and in an instant her lips were on mine. She slowly pushed me down, taking control, and running her fingers through my hair. She poked my side, and when I opened my mouth to tell her to stop, she slid her tongue in.

I love it when my girl's dominant.

Since we were in public although the airport was pretty much deserted except for a few people walking about, we stopped after a few minutes, her pulling away first. I sat back up. "Well that was a surprise." I muttered.

"Right? It's sort of an apology, and the last make out we're gonna have until I come back." She smiled.

"I'm gonna miss you. I don't know how I'm gonna live with you in a completely different country." I grunted.

"You're gonna be just fine."

As she said that, Gray and the others appeared. "Gotta go board the plane. We arrived late." Gray pulled Luce up gently. I exhaled and stood up, following them with my hands in my pockets. Everyone shot me pointed looks, probably wondering what we were doing.

Too bad~you ain't gonna get no answers~

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

I walked in. Well this was gonna be real goodbye. As we got further and further away, I decided to do one last thing.

I left my luggage to Gray-nii, and ran to my group of friends, who were already tearing up. I hugged each of the girls, making a point to say their names.

"Erza Scarlet."

"Levy McGarden."

"Juvia Lockser."

"Cana Alberona."

"Mirajane Strauss."

"Sayonara, mata ne! (Translation: Goodbye, see you again!)"

"Lucy/Lucy-san/Lu-chan...." The girls bawled, tears running down their face in insane rivulets. I smiled a little, crying tears of my own. Then I moved on the the boys, giving each of them a fist bump.

"Laxus Dreyar."

"Jellal Fernandez."

"Gajeel Redfox."

I was down to the last boy. He looked the most down. I gave Natsu a kiss on the lips before fishing something out of my pocket.

The half of the Polaroid.

His eyes widened a little. I tiptoed to reach his ear, and whispered:

"Keep your Polaroid half."

He started crying a little and nodded before hugging me so tightly I could suffocate. After letting go, I kissed him one last time before catching up with Gray who was just walking away from Juvia. All of us were burst waterpipes now. Except for the boys. They were leaky taps.

"Update us on whatever happens. Which college you guys are going to, what happens there. Tell us everything. We will be back." Gray said. I was weeping too much to even talk. My heart felt like it was breaking, and I just shook with sobs with my hands covering my face.

Everyone closed in for a last group hug around me and Gray before dissolving quickly. The last boarding call sounded, and Gray and I ran in.

"Goodbye, thank you, I love you." I whispered.

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

She thought no one could hear it, but I did. Then she and Gray disappeared from sight.

We kept mum. No one dared to, or could speak. We just stood stone still and stared at the empty space where Luce and Gray stood a minute ago.

Erza broke the thick air of tension.

"Our nightmare--"

Cana continued her sentence: "finally"

"--came true, huh." Levy's bottom lip quivered.

Then the main waterworks started.

-timeskip, an hour later-

We were all spacing out in the car. Laxus even ran the red light a few times. And the times where he didn't run the red light, were the times when he was honked at for not moving when the light was green.

We stopped for a while, so Jellal, Mira, Erza, and Laxus could switch. Now Jellal was at the wheel. He moved when the light was green, but ran the red light.

Does everyone suck at driving...

"Hey." I said out of the blue. Everyone jumped a little and turned to look at me. "Jellal, can you turn right after the next traffic light and drop me off there?"

Recognition flashed across Juvia's face. She was probably remembering the night of the dance. Jellal nodded and did as I said.

Once I was off, I walked up to the tree that we had buried the Polaroids under. I knelt down and touched the patch of ground gently.

God my heart felt like it was crumbling to dust. My chest felt constricted, and I was struggling to breathe. A lump rose in my throat.

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

Gray-nii looked out of the window, his hair shadowing his eyes. He hasn't talked at all, and we had been airborne for half an hour. He used to like the part when we took off and rose into the air--I did too--but honestly none of us gave a shit about it now.

I had plugged in my earphones and tried listening to some music, but all of them was about love and heartbreak and whatever. I gave up, but not before sobbing for the third time in the day.

It feels like I can barely breathe. My heart was akin to brittle glass falling from a height and smashing to the ground; cracking, shattering, breaking. I looked at Gray-nii, and caught a sparkle from a tear that rolled down his cheek. He angled his head away from me further and viciously swiped the tear away.

I took out the Polaroid half and stared at Natsu's smirk before crying and shaking with hiccups.

Natsu......

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

My Polaroid half slid out of my pocket. Through tear blurred eyes, I reached for it and picked it up. I rubbed Lucy's smile with my thumb.

Lucy.......

~Natsu and Lucy's P. O. V. ~

F*** this.

So....this is the last chapter of the book....after so long I'm done. I really enjoyed writing this...I don't know if I should make a sequel. I'll make a sequel if you guys want me to.

If there's a sequel, I'll add one last chapter to this book, saying that I have written the first chapter of the sequel and I'll give a preview.

Thank you for staying with me throughout this book...

Arigato 😙😙😙💓💓💓💞💞💞💕💕💕💓💓💓