Chapter 57- Christmas

Start from the beginning

"How the hell did you find my diary?" She said in a low voice. Nell gasped beside me, but when I saw her out of the corner of my eye, her face was laced with laughter. Thanks for the support, Partner. 

"I, uh, just stumbled upon it I guess." I shrugged and shot her a nervous smile. Maybe if I act innocent she won't rearrange my face too bad. 

"Bull. It was in a locked drawer under a false bottom."

"Yeah why was that? There wasn't anything too bad, so why did you hide it?" I blurted out, only proving my guiltiness. 

"Because I didn't want anyone to find it." 

"I'm sorry, okay." I said, seeing the anger in her eyes die down a little. She let go of me and took a few steps back. 

"If you ever take my stuff again I swear I will break your Xbox." She said, and turned to leave. "And, by the way it's a JOURNAL, Eric, not a diary!" 

*^*

Kensi's POV

After taking care of Eric, I went downstairs to find the guys actually doing some work. I guess Hetty decided to make an appearence or something. I sat down and took the next set of paperwork from my box. 

"What's the date?" I asked, looking around for a calendar or something. 

"December 23rd." Callen said after a moment. Wait, tomorrow's Christmas Eve? That can't be right! 

"Tomorrow's Christmas Eve?" Deeks exclaimed, his mouth dropping open. 

"I guess it is. Damn that came fast." Sam muttered, shaking his head. "At least I got my daughter's present back in July."

"Indeed Christmas is tomorrow, which is why I'm giving all of you today, and the next two days off." Hetty appeared out of nowhere, as usual. 

"Really? What if there's a case?" I asked, reaching down for my bag. 

"Well keep your cell phones charged and close. Hopefully the bad guys of the world will take a couple days off also. Merry Christmas." 

As soon as Hetty left the bullpen, we all jumped up and began packing up our bags. Callen and Sam were the first to leave. Deeks and I promised to make the Christmas party Sam and Michelle were having on Christmas Day, and the partners left. I picked up my gym bag and started heading towards the door. 

"Where are you going?" Deeks asked, catching up with me. 

"The gym." I said, pulling my car keys out of my bag. "I'll drop you off at the apartment if you want." 

"Okay, sounds good." He replied to my surprise. Usually he argues with me.

Christmas carols were on every station of the radio. I turned down the volume of Santa Clause is Coming to Town and sighed. Despite knowing my former fiance was dead and gone, I still hated the memories of pain from prior Christmases. When Deeks didn't insist on turning up the radio, I knew he understood. All I want for Christmas this year is something happy to remember. 

I dropped Deeks off, and watched him run up to the apartment. I continued onto the gym to blow off some steam. 

*^*

Deeks' POV

This was going to be the best Christmas ever. First, Kensi would have something happy to remember. Second, I would get to spend Christmas with her. I looked down at the little black velvet box and smiled. I hoped she would like it.

*^*

Kensi's POV

I trudged up the steps of the apartment. My legs were sore from running, and my arms ached from weights. I just wanted to curl up on the couch with Deeks and maybe convice him to massage my sore muscles. Merry Christmas to me.

I stuck my key in the slot of the locked door, but the door chain stopped the door. "Deeks?" I yelled into the apartment. I heard rapid footsteps coming towards the door, and I shut it so he could take off the chain. I heard a click, and the door opened. Deeks had the biggest smile on his face. 

"Merry Christmas, Kens." He said, took my hand, and pulled me into the apartment. My mouth dropped at the decor. In the two hours I'd been gone, Deeks had gone all out on the apartment. Gentle twinkling lights were wrapped all over the room. Garland lined the counters and around the doors. The TV had the cheesy image of a crackling fire, which made me laugh. A plate of warm Christmas cookies were on the counter, and in the corner of the room shone a beautiful Christmas tree that was decorated with shining ornaments and sparkly tinsel. 

"Deeks," I wrapped my arms around him. "This is amazing." 

"That's not all." He said, and led me to the couch. I watched him reach into his back pocket and pull out a black velvet box. My eyes widened. "Kensi, I know it's not Christmas yet, but I can't wait to give this to you. While you were in Seatlle, I realized we missed our anniversary. I just want you to know that being with you has made me the happiest man in the world." He opened the box to reveal a gorgeous, but simple, necklace. Hanging from the golden chain was a gold pendant of a gun, similiar to what I carry. Deeks picked the necklace out of the box and motioned me to turn around so he could put it on me. It hung just below my collar bones. I pressed my finger against the cool metal and looked at my boyfriend lovingly. "I know you don't wear jewelry, but I saw this and immedially thought of you. It reflects your badass personality." He said with a smirk. 

I looked at the tiny gun and fell in love with it. He was right about me not wearing jewelry, but I already knew this was something that I will cherish. 

"Thank you, Deeks. I love it." 

Before he could open his mouth again, I lunged forward and pressed my lips to his. I could feel him smile under my kiss, then wrap his arms around me. He pulled me into his lap, and kissed me back passionately. This kiss wasn't hungry like most of our kisses have been recently. This one was sweet and filled with all the love we've been holding since I left. I didn't want to let go.

A loud knock at the door interrupted our moment. I groaned and planted a small peck on Deeks' lips. "If that's Callen or Sam I'm gonna be pissed." I laughed, and got up to answer the door. I looked through the peep hole, and the smile wiped off my face in a flash. I swung the door open, and felt my face go completely white. 

"Kensi." The person said, and tried to take a step forward, but I shut the door so that there wasn't enough room for him to pass. 

"Kens?" Deeks called, noticing the paleness of my face. "Who is it?" 

I ignored Deeks' question and stared at the guest standing at our door. Christmas was offically another unhappy memory again.

"That isn't possible. You're supposed to be dead."

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I do not own NCISLA

Yay another cliffhanger! Find who's at the door in the next chapter, coming in the next couple days! 

Comment who you think it is and how or why they're not dead:) 

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER for updates on when I will update! Sometimes I post spoilers too;)

Merry Christmas, everyone!