Forty-Seven

Chapter 47:

Key

Upon arriving at the Cabin I felt like I was in one of those Disney Christmas movies or something

Upon arriving at the Cabin I felt like I was in one of those Disney Christmas movies or something. The house in itself looked surreal as if it was out of a catalogue.

Not to mention the snow made me feel like I was back at home in Chicago. I love California but it was nothing like actual snow in December. The winter feel definitely put you in the Christmas spirit.

"Oh y'all got money." Chris said grabbing our bags from the trunk as Royalty and I admired the scenery.

"This is nicer than I expected. Not that I didn't expect nice but damn G." I said causing Ro to pinch me.

"You and yo daddy got one more time to pinch me and imma knock y'all both out." I threatened causing them both to stick their tongues out at me.

Rolling my eyes I walked to the door leaving them behind.

I wasn't sure who had all made it yet but I would soon find out.

Pulling out the key I'd gotten from the man who checked us in when we first arrived I took a deep breath. Unlocking the door I held on to the handle for a second while letting the wind whip me in the face.

"It's cold TT come on. I'm ready to see everybody." Royalty complained from behind me.

"Yea man it's cold. Stop playing." Chris said pushing me out the way and opening the door.

Scoffing I stood there as he and Royalty by passed me and made their way into the warm home.

Forcing myself I made my way inside and quickly shut the door not wanting the draft to get in.

The house smelled of apple and cinnamon. Christmas music played softly from the speakers and I found myself admiring ever little detail about the cabin.

(Yes that's Chris 🙄 no he don't recognize him singing so stfu in advance)

I was trying to waste as much time as possible. I found myself passing up the busy kitchen and making my way upstairs. I gave myself my own tour.

As I was passing one of the rooms I heard wining which caused me to stop. I knew that cry.

"Aww is that my fat man?" I questioned seeing Ashlyn peek his head out the door while rubbing his eyes.

"Come here pooh." I said in a baby voice as I kneeled down.

He stood there for a second before finally walking over to me. That's when I noticed he didn't have on any underwear causing me to laugh and shake my head.