Training The Pups (snippet)

Chapter 1: Getting acquainted.

Royalty

Time definitely flew by and I was no longer the baby of the family. Everyone had kids out the wood work and I was glad I had a place of my own. I loved my dad along with my aunts and uncles, but it felt good to have my space.

I was in and out of college because I honestly couldn't stick to a major to save my life. My dad said as long as I was in school he'd take care of me so I'd be in school forever.

Between my Dad, my uncles, Ashlyn, and King I had my work cut out for me. It was hard to date publicly with them so I did it in secret.

Turning over in the bed I tossed my hair out of my face. I could hear the shower running which meant Preston hadn't left yet. Preston was this guy I'd been seeing for a couple of months now.

Hearing the water stop I watched the door waiting for him to come out. Something about that man turned me on. He wasn't usually what I went for, but he was gorgeous and highly convincing.

"Morning beautiful." He said coming out the restroom with one of my pink towels draped around his waist.

Smiling at him I yawned while covering my mouth. Standing up I walked into his open arms taking in the scent of my shampoo that he'd used to wash his hair.

"Morning. You smell all citrusy." I joked letting him kiss my forehead before breaking away from the hug so I could brush my teeth.

"I used your shampoo. I hope you don't mind." He called out as he removed his towel and stepped into his boxers.

Watching him through the mirror I smirked a little before rinsing.

"So when do I get to meet your parents? You don't talk much about them. I'm starting to think you're ashamed of me."

Furrowing my brows I tried to find the best way to explain that I didn't have the traditional family. He didn't just have to meet my dad and step mom. He had to meet everybody.

"Umm see the thing is it's not that simple. I have like two dads and three uncles that aren't really friendly. Then they've bred mini versions of them and it's a mess. Plus our age difference is a red flag along with your type. They'll eat you alive."

Laughing Preston pulled me toward him so that I was on his lap. "You talk like they're animals or something."

"They are." I mumbled.

Lifting my head he kissed my lips.

"It'll be fine. You're 22 and I'm 28. We're both grown love. We know right from wrong I'm sure your dad will understand. And what do you mean by my type?" He questioned lifting his brow.

Biting at my lip I tried to find the best way to say it without offending him.

"You know... white." I said causing him to frown a little before cracking an amused smile.

"You worry too much. I'm sure it'll be fine. Plus my mom loved you and you're you know... black." He joked causing me to lightly punch his chest.

"I'm kidding. I do think it'll be fine though. Set it up love. I'm a big boy I can handle your folks." He said confidently before instructing me to get up so he could finish getting ready for work.

"If you say so." I mumbled before dramatically falling back onto my bed letting out a huge sigh.

He may have been ready but I damn sure wasn't.

***

"So let me get this straight..." Boss said as he pushed me in the basket as if I was a child. "He want to meet yo pops that don't even know you dating?"