Twenty- Three

Key

Standing in front of Trey I grabbed his shirt so that I could see his face. My baby was all banged up yet again. He'd taken the time to give me a run down of how the fight started.

I myself didn't think it had to result to this but then again if a nigga came to my door regardless the situation. Especially a nigga I don't like and don't like me. I'm going to hear him out yes, but we gone have to fight after just outta respect for my house.

That didn't mean I wasn't letting August off the hook because he was wrong period. And the things that were said about me between the both of them that we shared in private was disrespectful to me. I also know in the heat of the moment anything goes. I was just disappointed. I understood Trey and why he did what he did and I was actually proud of him. Up until the part where he told that his mouth had been places no one had seen.

Grabbing his face in my hands I poked out my bottom lip letting him wrap his arms around my legs. "Look at your face." I said getting upset. He was too cute for this.

"I'll be alright. I had to do it." He said licking over his busted lip cautiously.

"You didn't have to, but ok y'all fought and now what? Everything is peaches and cream?" I asked rubbing his head.

"No and with him and I's history I didn't expect it to be. One thing I know two things for sure I damn sholl wasn't gone let him disrespect me and that's bottom line." He said raising his voice some.

Not wanting a part two to this bullshit I decided to just drop the conversation all together.

Lifting both my hands up I let him know that I wasn't his enemy. "I understand."

"But do you really understand tho?"

I didn't want to argue with him. I just wanted to clean his face up and kiss it. Das it das all.

"Come on." I said helping him up by his hand and pulling him into the house.

The guys were in the kitchen talking about what happened and I by passed them leading Trey to the upstairs restroom.

At this point I didn't give a fuck about what they had going on. They'd let them beat each other senselessly in the yard and nobody stopped it so I dared them to stop me. I wasn't letting him drive home with his face bloody like this.

As Trey sat on the toilet I rummaged through the cabinet for my first aide kit.

Grabbing it I took out what I needed before tending to Trey's face.

"I'm sorry that I got you into all this." I said cleaning the cut over his nose.

"I can't blame you without blaming myself for knowing what it was and still pursuing you." He said flenching as I disinfected the cut.

"Sorry it's gone burn a little. And yea I know but the whole August thing never should have been a thing."

He nodded but didn't say anything. I continued cleaning his face in silence.

Once I was done I examined my work before holding his face in my hands and kissing every bruise before kissing his lips.

"Thank you." He said smiling at me as he shook his head before getting up and looking at himself in the mirror cursing under his breath.

Figuring he'd over stayed his unwanted welcome he had me walk him to the door.

Grabbing my hands he held his head down. "Be honest with me."