Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

"Hey guys." Luke said and gave Ashton an eyebrow raise, I felt my cheeks getting hotter. It seemed like everyone already knew and where just waiting for us to show it. 

I sat next to Ava who as always sat next to Luke, and Ashton to my side. Before we could start talking I saw the familiar brown hair of the one and only Jess. She looked at Ashton and a smile lit up her face. 'Ashton is going to leave me for Jess again.' my mind told me, and I sucked my breath in. 

"I'm not going anywhere." Ashton whispered in my ear, as if he read my mind. 

"Hey Ashton." Jess said, giving a flirty smile. 

"Jess." Ashton said and gave her a nod. 

"Hey Renna." She turned to me and gave me a famous smile meaning she was up to something. 

Before anything else was said, Calum walked up behind Jess and wraped an arm around her waist and giving her a long kiss. When he was donehe locked eyes with me.

"Hey guys." He said, not keeping his glance off of me. 

I wonder if my look of shock amused him. I can't believe him. He knew what Jess has done to me, he fucking knew. He did this on purpose, to hurt me. Maybe this is how he felt every time he knew I was kissing Ashton. But right now I didn't care. He did that on purpose, to make me mad, hurt, upset, I didn't even know but it worked. I felt my lower lip quiver. I ripped my hand away from Ashton and ran inside the house. Everything reminded me of something Calum did for me. I ran to the only place I knew Calum didn't touch, the bathroom. 

I sat on the floor, my eyes clouded with tears. Not tears from sadness or hurt, tears from frustration and anger. I wouldn't let myself cry, no tears needed to be shed over this. I just needed some time. I took a deep breath and counted to ten. Surprisingly it worked and my tears where gone. I heard a knock on my door, expecting it was probably Ashton. But why would he take so long to come to me? Knowing him he would have followed me. I didn't budge. Whoever was at the door could fuck off. I heard another light rap on the door. 

"Renna?" 

It was Calum.

"Fuck off." 

"Please just talk to me." 

"Please fuck off."

"Give me two minutes to explain."

"Fire away." 

"I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry, I really am. I was so mad and I wanted to hurt you, the way you hurt me so I asked Jess out on a date earlier today and I set it all up knowing you where going to be here tonight and-" 

"Your two minutes are up." I interrupted and opened the door. "You didn't only hurt me tonight. I can't believe I'm about to stick up for Jess but I am. If she believed you and thought you liked her or some shit like that then you lead her on just to hurt me." 

With that said, I turned on my heel and walked back outside to find Ashton waiting for me. 

"Ren!" He called for me, sounding relieved.

"Why do you sound all relieved?" I asked and started walking back to his car.

"Because when you ran off I got up to follow you but Calum stopped me and told me to let him talk to you and explain. I had no choice because once he stopped me he basically ran off. What happened?" 

"It's a long story that I don't feel like repeating. But basically he went out with Jess and kissed her in front of me to hurt me. It hurt but not as bad as.." I trailed off when I remembered I was talking to Ashton about this. His head hung low, knowing I what I was about to say. I decided to drop the subject. 

"Where to? Your dorm?" He asked once we where in the car.

"Actually, can I come to your place tonight? I don't want to be alone." I basically begged him. 

"Of course."

Fifteen minutes later he was unlocking the door to his apartment. I saw the black couch and padded over  it and sat down. Ashton was in the kitchen making something. I stared at the wall, so many emotions brewing in me. How long was it until Ashton hurt me again? How long until Calum will try to talk to me? How long until I break down? 

Ashton walked in the living room and handed me a mug of hot chocolate, with three little marshmallows bobbing at the top. I took a sip, it was delicious. I was so wrapped up in my hot chocolate I didn't notice Ashton was studying me. I put my mug down on the table. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Nothing." 

"Ren, somethings wrong." He protested, scooting closer to me, his eyes clouded with concern. 

I couldn't keep it in anymore. When I looked up to meet Ashton's eyes a couple of tears fell. 

"Hey, don't cry." He said and embraced me. 

"I'm sorry." I said, still crying. 

He tilted my chin up and wiped the tears away. His eyes bore into mine. A soft warm brown, like the hot chocolate. 

"Make me forget about the world." I whispered and he nodded. 

The next second his lips where pressed to mine. It wasn't the normal fierce kisses we shared, this one was gentle, but still had the passion and the burn. As always our lips melted into each other's and moved as if they where one. I blocked everything else out. I just focused on Ashton. His fingers cupping my face, pulling it closer to his. My own fingers tracing though his hair. The fire was somehow calmer, but still had the burn. As if it was just waiting until things became more heated for it to leave it's mark. 

Ashton did know how to make me forget the world. 

-

Thanks for reading! 

PLEASE check out my new Michael fanfic! 

This will be the last update for a couple of days, next update probably next wed or thurs

ily all! ♥

(Songs for this chapter: This is gospel- Panic At The Disco, Caraphernelia- Pierce the Veil, Lying is the most fun- Panic at the Disco, Fire- Sleeping with Sirens, and My only one- All Time Low)

Please

-Vote

-Comment

-Fan