Chapter 12

"Hazel, I need you". Whispered the voice, where was that coming from? Who was that? No one was around... "Who's there?" I call out. "Hazel, please come back". I stand there, listening to this voice, it sounds like Bella's voice. But she's not here, no one is. I must be imagining it. I continue to hear this voice for the next few minutes so I decide to see if Bella is saying these things and I'm hearing it because she's saying it to me. I go to Josh's house to see where Bella is, but she's not home. I go to my house and no one is home either. I go over to the high school but Bella, Josh and Ivy aren't there. Where are they? Why aren't they at school? I go to the roof of the school, our old hide out back in out sophomore year, and look at the neighborhood around us. To the left, in front of me and behind me are a bunch of houses,and to my right, the forest where I always go to clear my mind. I love going on a walk through the woods, it so peaceful. Josh and I actually had a picnic my the stream in the forest on our first date. It was perfect. We laughed and talked and splashed each other in the stream. I was 14 years old. He was my first kiss, and my last. We kissed on the tree that had fallen on the stream creating a little bridge, it was amazing, we were all wet, I was wearing a white tight t-shirt and I tucked it into pink skater skirt, he tucked my wet hair behind my ear and leaned in for a kiss. I will never forget it. Suddenly, I feel someone holding my hand, I jump and look down at my hand, nothing is there, no one is holding my hand, but it feels like someone is. I'm going insane, what is happening? I get off the roof and walk through my town. I walk past the cemetery and realize I've never seen my grave. I walk in a look through each and every grave, I can't seem to find my name anywhere, I go to the main office and look through the files. My name is no where to be seen. Was I not buried? Maybe I was cremated. I leave the cemetery and go to the elementary school, Dawn's school. I go to her class but she's not there, I look everywhere but she isn't here, no one is at school. Where is everyone? What is going on? I'm so confused. I looked all over town but nothing, not a sign of my family or my friends. I go to my house and walk into my room. Then I start to wonder, why haven't they started emptying my room? It's not going to be used anymore...
Suddenly the front door opens and my family comes in. I follow Ivy into her room. She plops on her bed and checks her phone. There was a text from Logan

Logan: hey there gorgeous. Wanna join me on a walk through the woods?
Ivy: sure. What time?
Logan: meet me at the opening of the trail in 30 mins.
Ivy: ok
Logan: see you there
Ivy: bye

"Mom?" Ivy called out. "Yes?" Answered my mom. "Can I go out with a friend?" She asked. "Sure honey. Be back in 3 hours for dinner" she answered. "Ok". Ivy changed from her comfy outfit which was a pair of black leggings and a burgundy sweatshirt, into a black skater dress with an open back and short sleeves, she threw on a jean jacket and a white plaid infinity scarf. She slipped on a pair of black converse with a low cut and she put on her silver watch. She put her hair into a messy ponytail and fixed her makeup. She look stunning. She slipped her phone into the pocket of her jacket and walked out of the house. I followed her to the trail where Logan was waiting. "You look amazing" he said. "Thanks" she said blushing. "Shall we?" He asked, holding out his hand for her. "We shall" she said giggling. They walked through the woods and when their got to the fallen tree, where I got my first kiss, they stopped, "I remember you telling me this was a special place for your sister, Hazel" he said. "Yeah, it's where she had her first kiss" answered Ivy. " well, I say we continue on that legacy, and make this place memorable for not only your sister, but for you" he said. Ivy smiled as he leaned in for a kiss. They kissed soft and slow. It was beautiful. After a while they pulled apart. A smile spread on Ivy's face. They stood there for a while smiling. "Ivy?" Asked Logan. "Yes?" She answered. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. "Of course" she answered. Logan pulled out a necklace. It was a silver chain with a small silver heart pendant. And if you look close enough. I + L is engraved into it. "Oh Logan, this is beautiful" Ivy said, admiring the necklace. She turned around and let Logan place it around her neck. They were adorable. I wish I was around to see everything happen between them. This was young love at its finest. Suddenly, the sky started getting darker, the clouds fornmed above us, the wind picked up, it was going to rain. My world started spinning and the sound of Bella's voice was ringing through my ears. Then, my world went black.