20 | perfectly

« 20 | perfectly »

A quarter past seven.

I gently moved the blanket away from my body and sat up straight. Today. I was finally going to meet Zach today. To say I wasn't excited would be a lie. I was beyond excited. Overwhelmed with the joy of finally seeing the man who helped me all this while.

Getting ready, and putting on my sneakers quickly, I locked the door and got into my car to head to the City Centre. He told me he'd come there.

Whether he would truly come or not was a matter of chance. Zach could stand me up and make up an excuse and I would still forgive him for that great of and impact did he make in my life.

Half an hour past seven.

I parked my car and stood near it, waiting for Zach. I felt stupid at that very moment. I've never seen Zach before in my life and I was to see him for the first time today. Waiting for a familiar face to come by now was meaningless for Zach was a familiar voice and not a familiar face. He told me he'd be there by eight. I really hoped he keeps his words.

Quarter to eight.

I sat inside my car with the music at its very loudest. Starboy by the Weeknd was being played and I bobbed my head front and back to the beat. Fifteen minutes more. My heartbeat sped up. My palms sweating. The tension was almost cutthroat and I was scared of meeting Zach. Yet, how ironical is it that I love this gentleman and there was nothing more than meeting him that could make me happy.

I sat silently contemplating how I did ended up here. Elle was gone but I think I've found my support once again. I had a person to hope, to put all my love in. Zachary William Tussel. That one man invaded my heart like a chronic disease.

Ten minutes to eight.

He could have left me, deserted me. I was just a stranger calling someone accidentally. There was absolutely no intention to even continue conversation with that dude. Why, in fact, there was absolutely no intention for me to live on then. Thank you, Zach, for all that, I guess.

Nine minutes to eight.

I got out of my car. It was after all nine minutes to eight. I opened my contacts and opened Zach's. Staring at the contact for fifteen seconds nearly, I opted out of calling him. There was still nine minutes more. He was on the road probably. I stuffed my phone back into my pocket and sighed.

Eight minutes to eight.

A baby came crawling to me. An absolutely cute angel. I bent down and picked her up.

"What's your name, cutie?" I 'popped' her button like nose. She made the cutest noise at me and I gushed.

"Aww," I cooed.

"Rachel, where are you?" I whipped my head to see a pretty brunette heading towards me.

"Um, hi. I'm so sorry! Was Rachel being a bother?" She ran upto me and took the baby into her arms.

"No, not at all. She's a perfect cutie, ma'am."

"Ah, I'm Cleo. And you?" She asked. The female looked like she was right off from an Arabian ethnicity.

"I'm Tori."

"Well I got to go. Enjoy. Say bye to Tori, Rachel." The baby cutely looked at me and after much thought, waved. She smiled and left with Rachel and I was left alone again.

Two minutes to eight.

Time seemed to move extremely slow today as I waited. Zach could be here any minute now and my heart beat faster than ever. I just wanted to scream out the frustration that was bottled in.

Two minutes past eight.

He was late.

Damn him.

Yet I still waited. Maybe I knew and trusted Zach enough to know he'll come. No matter what.

Five minutes past eight.

I sighed and looked forward. It was at that moment a guy caught my attention. Quite handsome and dressed in casuals, he kept asking people and getting weird looks from them. He was frantically running around, as if trying to find somebody. Finally, he stopped in his tracks, very close to my parking spot, and screamed.

"I know I might seem crazy, but is anyone of you my beauty?"

My eyes widened. There he was. My charming.

That was Zachary William Tussel and man, wasn't he fine!

People around him, hearing his announcement, rolled their eyes and continued walking. Old people gushed about how handsome that young boy was. The teenagers swarmed around him screaming they were his beauty and all he did was sigh. Looking at all this commotion, I couldn't help but laugh. Maybe, a bit too loud.

Zach turned his head in my direction and looked at me for few minutes before walking towards me. I covered my mouth with my hands and smiled unknowingly. I was going to finally talk to him in person, ah.

"And you might be?" He asked quite annoyed. After all, he was trying to search for me without knowing my name. Damn, he is the one, after all.

"Um, Princess Elizabeth the Second?" I smiled.

And it was then the sun rose. His face lit up brightly and Zach smiled cutely, "Beauty, it's really you."

"Zach, it is me," I laughed. Zach quickly hugged me and I was stunned. Nevertheless, I seized the moment as I tested my head on his chest and took in his cologne.

"Beauty, oh my god, I finally really met you," Zach said, "you're beautiful." I blushed and shook my head.

"Well, you're quite the charming, I must say."

"I'll take you out. Cascade of Hearts?" Zach asked me

"Yes!"

"Thank you, beauty, for everything," Zach smiled to himself.

"I should thank you instead, Zach, and Zach?" I piped.

"Yeah?"

"Victoria," I said.

"What?"

I grinned, "My name is Victoria, but you can call me Tori."

Latching onto my arm, he smiled his brightest smile at me, as he led me to a café, and said —

"Nah, you'll forever be my beauty."

•••