02 | politely

« this is for em, the one who makes my breath hitch with her writing »

« 02 | politely »

"Are you still on the line?"

"Who are you?"

"I told you already. I'm Zach. Zachary William Tussel by my birth certificate."

"Why do I have your number?"

"You're the one who called me. Shouldn't I be asking you that question?"

" . . ."

"Hell, I typed a nine instead of a six. Sorry."

"It's alright. What's your name, sweetie?"

"I don't tell my name out loud to random strangers I accidentally call."

"Calm down, tiger."

"Don't call me a tiger, please."

"Oh fuck. don't cry, babe. I'm sorry for making you cry. I won't call you that; I won't call you a tiger. Just don't cry."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for crying like a baby here. It's just that elle used to call me that. tiger. Hell, I miss her."

"It's definitely alright to miss someone. people come and go. It's a part of life, babe. What matters is to stay strong. You should do that."

"Why are you so nice to me?"

"That's morality. My mother always reminded me to practice that. Being kind to anyone is something I grew up with."

"Thank you."

"Do I get to know your name know?"

"That's still a no."

"I guess I can live with that. At least I made you smile now."

"No, you didn't."

"See, you laughed now. Smiling first and then laughing. Girl, you will be the death of me."

"Thank you for this moment, zach."

"Are you seriously getting teary eyed now? Girl, keep a leash on your hormones."

"Ha Ha. Very funny."

"You really self harmed, babe?"

" . . ."

beep, beep, beep.

"Fuck. She hang up on me."