The Dream Date

"So, how long have you been in town?" I ask Isaac as I take a sip from my vanilla milkshake.

Since I'm way more familiar with the city, he let me take him to one of the best diners in the city: King Albert's. The whole diner is decorated in a kind of 80's theme, with records on the walls and retro music playing in the background.

I absolutely love it.

"2 weeks." Isaac takes a sip from his chocolate shake, imitating my action unconsciously, "At first, my mom decided to leave early so that I can make it on time for the first day of school, but after a while of convincing, she let me stay homeschooled for a semester."

I nod understandably and we begin to discuss the pros and cons of being homeschooled.

I know, I know. It's sounds boring. But that's the thing about Isaac, he can make any topic interesting.

"Wait, where did you live before here?" I ask him.

"Canada. Specifically Toronto." He smiles proudly. His face then quickly moulds into an upset expression but he covers it up by taking another sip.

"I love Canada! My family and I visit our family friends down in Ontario every once in a while," I close my menu after deciding what I will order then give Isaac a look of pure hunger,"Two words: Pou Tine."

Isaac bursts out laughing. "I think Poutine is one word Autumn."

"I know, but it sounds better when I say it that way." I pout mockingly as I check my phone.

7:45 pm.

A pretty waitress looking around Isaac's age (who's a year older than me) comes to take our orders. She takes out her notepad and pen, and once she spots Isaac I see her eyes widen and watch her as she fluffs her blonde hair.

Gag.

"What can I get for you?" Blondie asks Isaac as she leans towards him while fluttering her eyes flirtingly. I almost snort as to how pathetic she looks.

Isaac peels his eyes away from me and examines his menu, not once giving the waitress attention. I smile.

"I'll get a double steak burger with fries." He says, his long finger pointing towards the menu.

"Of course cutie, I'll be right back." Blondie says as Isaac finally looks up at her.

"Um, excuse me?" I yell at her before she can start walking away from us. Blondie spins around on her heel and scowls when she sees me. Then, I swear to god I witness this, she puts on the fakest smiley waitress face and opens her mouth.

"Yes?" Her eyes flicker back to Isaac who's eyebrows are raised.

"You forgot to get my girl's order? What kind of waiting service do you have here?" Isaac asks her harshly, though I know he's only doing it because he saw how mad she made me.

Oh my god he called me his girl.

Blondie goes red."Sorry." She turns to me and takes my order. She comes back with 2 new milkshakes and our food 15 minutes later. Now thats some better service.

"This is so good." I moan into my steak burger.

"Please don't do that. I'm liking it too much." Isaac says, shifting uncomfortably and watching me eat. I laugh.