Right here.

Settings: After Civil War.
***
Bucky and Steve had rented out a home together. To live as best friends and make life a little easier. Across the street from them, you lived in a beautiful studio apartment.

You were close with Steve, since you were one of the first normal people to help him and show him around the new improved NYC. He appreciated everything you would do for him, you became like family to him.

One day you see Steve entering his home with a tall brunette, his hair all the way to his shoulders, loading up furniture into his home. You didn't bother them.

Later that day, you stop by with a few muffins and other treats, to welcome the mysterious man. You knock on Steve's door, and the brunette opens with confusion, "I'm not interested in buying any cookies." He goes to close the door, and you put your foot out to stop him. "Well I'm glad, cause I'm not offering any, at least not to you that is. Who do you think I am? Some child?" You scoff.

"Look, I don't have the time to argue with you. If you're looking for Steve come back later!" You were becoming so agitated with this brunette. Then you just yell back at him, "IM NOT HERE FOR STEVE YOU DUMBASS ARROGANT ASSHOLE, i was here to welcome you to the neighbor hood. You bitter ass." You shove the goody basket into his arms and storm off. Before you could reach the last step, you look up and see 5 big black SUV's pulling up onto the yard, men with guns pointed right towards you. Before you could even think to run, you feel a strong grip on your arm pulling you backwards.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" You yell in shock.

"That was me saving your life. Your really chose the wrong time to deliver a goodie basket."

"You think?" You give him the death stare.

"Come with me, things are going to get real ugly, really quickly. I need to get you out of here and to safety."

He grabs your hands pulling you towards the back door and you stop in shock, due to the ride that this man has you knew it wasn't going to work.

"What the hell are you waiting for?!" He yells out to you.

"You're.. You're uhh... The bike.. I'm not.. I'm good. Just go with out me I'll be fine.."

"Here, take my hand. I'll protect you, and I'll keep you safe. I promise."

You stunt for a split second, not wondering what to do, die on Steve's yard or die in the arms of tall handsome brunette..

"You better not be lying to me, or I swear to God I'll become your worst nightmare!"

"What you're going to force me to eat your cookies to death? I think I'll manage. Now put this on your head and whatever you do hold on tightly. "

"Oh God.."

"Where the hell are we?"

"At our last resources.. Just shut up and let me talk."

You were fed up with his attitudes and rudeness towards you and you just exploded. You grab his arm firmly and yank him turning him to face you, "Listen pretty boy, you saved my life, so what! That gives you no right to be an asshole to me. I have a name you know? You haven't bothered to even ask! Last thing I need is some petty bullshit from you cause you feel obligated to protect me for Steves own good. Well you know what, screw you! I'm better on my own thanks."
Before he could even respond, you hear the door open and hear, "I already like you. We have one thing in common, we don't like assholes. I'm Sam by the way, and you are?"

"I'm (Y/N)."

"Nice to meet you. Now what trouble had Bucky gotten you into now?" Sam giggling

"Wait...Bucky? As in Bucky Barnes,.. As in Steve's best friend Bucky..?" You ask while rubbing the back of your neck feeling like shit for yelling at him...

"Yes ma'am."

"Oh no, you have to be kidding me!"

"I'm right here you know, stop talking about me as if I couldn't hear you." Bucky crossing his arms.

"Sorry." Both you and Sam say at the same time.

***.
Bucky was trying to fix his bike, to make it safer and figure out a plan to go back home without dying. Then he sees you sitting outside playing with your drink, and he decides to walk over to you.

"I'm sorry."

"Excuse me?" You ask in confusion.

"I'm not going to repeat that. You heard exactly what I said. I was just trying to protect you and not let you die and have another death on my hands.. Especially a friend of Steve."

"Thank you, Bucky."

The two of you get up to go back inside when all of a sudden everything went in slow motion, you hear a gunshot, and turn around to see Bucky holding onto his stomach where he had been shot, and he collapses to the floor. You run over and yell out for Sam, and you try to stop the bleeding.

"Bucky... Bucky! Hey! Keep your eyes open dude. You're going to be fine help is on the way, just keep your eyes open!"

"I'm so sorry (Y/N), I couldn't protect you, not then, not now, not ever.. You'll always be in danger with me around. Let me go, just let me go doll... I love you."

Bucky takes his last breath in your Arms and you scream out as if your heart was ripped from your insides. You were sad, angry, confused, and scared.
***
"(Y/N)! Wake up! Dammit, open your eyes!" You could feel your body being shook and slapped around, all of a sudden you gasp up for air and shoot your eyes wide open and quickly sit up.

"What!!!? What happened!?" You ask while tears stream down your face.

"Doll, you had another nightmare." You hear a familiar voice say.

"Bucky? Is that really you?"

"Of course it is love, where else would I be? I'll never leave your side. I love you. Now try to go back to sleep, it was just a dream. I'm right here always and forever."

He leans over to kiss your forehead and to rub your hair, cuddling you and holding onto you. It felt great and it felt right. You just thought to yourself, a life without Bucky is a life not worth living.
***
A/N: This was shitty, but I wanted to update for y'all. I miss y'all and love y'all!!