3

JURI P.O.V

I really couldn't believe it. We finally found our mate. After years of searching, it was finally within our reach, now the alpha family was complete. It wasn't really rare that we have a larger mate connection or relationship, it happens especially with higher-ranking people, especially with alphas, that they have several mates. So with me, even as a teenager I noticed that Zacharias and Damon are my mates and in the years that followed we met Hunter and Emilia. There's no question we're really happy with each other, we're goddamned soulmates, but we've never really felt complete. Something was always missing, or rather someone. I'm just glad we found her.

It is pure coincidence that we finally found her, considering that she moved to her sister because there were apparently bigger problems with her parents. As soon as I walked into my Beta's house this afternoon, I was able to catch this unbelievably intoxicating scent of roses and cinnamon. And when Damon informed me shortly thereafter via our mind link that he had met our mate, I knew who she was and why my wolf immediately had this desire to search everything for her. Of course I told my mates that they shouldn't leave her alone if possible, after all it is our duty to protect her. Unfortunately, something came between them, which is why they were here well after her, but by then it was too late because my wolf Aramis had long since taken control and wanted to have his human mate with him under all circumstances. Afterwards, I wish I could turn back time, because the way I reacted to Phil was probably counterproductive, because he only wanted to help her. My wolf and I, however, found that he came too close to our mate, which is why we felt we had to protect her. And even more so after he tried to convince me via mind link that this is not a good mate. The alpha in me couldn't let that stand, which is why I reacted the way I did. But what worries me is that she was so shocked and got angry. That was what I really didn't want at all. No werewolf wanted that, a mate who is afraid of you. And when I saw that she had also started to cry, I wanted to go to her, but I couldn't do that. She was always so scared and thought I was mentally disturbed. I do feel sorry that I hurt my best friend the way I did, but on the other hand he kinda deserved it.

But I'm really sorry about how I behaved towards my mate. I only made it difficult for us to finally be a full alpha family, especially the pack needs their Luna. Sure Emilia is an excellent mate but for a long time not empathetic or unconditionally kindhearted, otherwise she would not be a high-ranking warrior. Right now I'm watching my little human mate taking care of Phil, I can understand why she's doing that, but I don't really like it now. She was clearly too close to him and I didn't like that and my other mates didn't really like it either, who by the way are a bit mad at me. Something I can't blame them, after all, after a few minutes with our mate, I managed to make her scared of us and probably think we were in some gang or cult. But I'm not gonna let it happen that she reject me or my mates.

After she had provided Phil with food and drink, she gave us a poisonous but confused look and ran out of the living room again, with the simple remark that we could now continue our secret conversations. Hunter was about to reply when she was out of the room. After less than five more minutes of staring at each other, I could hear someone running quickly up the stairs to the first floor. When Casey entered the living room a moment later, I was aware that it could only have been our little mate. My best friend's mate sat down next to her mate and briefly looked at the injuries, most of which had long since healed, and nodded in satisfaction. Then her gaze slid to me.

"You really screwed it up." I was aware of that. Truly nothing new.