2

Even after Phil tried again to talk to Juri, nothing brought him away. My head was pressed to the side of his chest, I couldn't see much because my hair hung quite heavily in my face, especially since I was still holding the shopping bags. Which, it should be noted, became very difficult. But what really made me think was mine that almost crushed me and added inhuman noisyness, it was a grumbling and snarling. Something that really scares me, so much so that I started trembling.

"You have to let go of her if you don't want to scare her off completely!  You clearly frighten her tremendously.  Juri. ", Phil's voice sounded really serious and definitely not as if he was joking.  Especially when he said his name you noticed how serious Phil is, he pronounced it very emphatically.  Just when I tried again unsuccessfully to break away from him, he tensed even more and growled in the direction behind him, at least it seemed to me that he was twisting his head a little.  "I am your Alpha.  Don't you dare disregard my position even if she is only human.  You have absolutely no right to interfere, Beta. ", You could barely hear the words behind the growl, so his individual words were drowned out.  Suddenly, I couldn't see or react so quickly, he let go of me and dashed towards Phil.  I was just overwhelmed by the situation and couldn't understand what was happening.  Phil and Juri began to fight and were now lying on the floor.  Confused, I let go of the shopping bags, which fell to the ground, but that really didn't interest me much.  I simply couldn't understand what was happening, and certainly not why the two men were fighting.

It was very clear to see that Juri had the upper hand, he was taller and more muscular, and above all, he used his opportunities to hit his opponent.  " She belongs to me.  And not to you and your mate.  She.Is.  Not.Your.MATE. ", with every sentence he got louder and louder and with every sentence Juri hit his fist directly in Phil's face. It was horrible to watch, but I was too scared to stir, so I just started crying silently.  It reminded me far too much of the situation with my father when he was angry.  And finally a lot happened at the same time, suddenly Casey was facing the two men, and behind me more people appeared, two men ran briskly towards the men crouching on the floor and tried to pull Juri from Phil, who looked really badly beaten.  And I was pulled into a hug by two other people, it was different from the previous one, but there was a certain similarity.  "Come down, man.  You scared her completely.  Look at her.  It's our mate and the first impression you made was really not the best. Calm down. ", I could hear one of the strange men trying to calm Juri down.  However, my focus was only on the two who were currently trying to calm me down with their hug, what I could say would be that it was a woman and a man.  This whole situation is just plain confusing and what the hell is a mate?

„ Guys, you've to let her go. She doesn't know even one thing about our world.", I could hear my sister's voice very clear.

„No,Casey. She is our Mate and we have to protect and comfort her.", this time it wasn't my sister but a voice I knew anyway. Damon. The handsome guy from the supermarket.

Amazed, I turned to him in the embrace and looked up at him. How could he be here now when he was in the supermarket with me? It's really weird and confusing, was he following me? But where did the others come from? Damon looked down at me and our eyes found the same way they did in the supermarket. In some absolute way, the look he gave me was reassuring, which is why I suddenly stopped trembling. The woman slowly pulled away from me and Damon did the same.

"Who are you? And what do you want from me, I mean why do you people have the constant need to hug me? It's a bit inappropriate, after all, we don't know each other at all. "Despite the fact that I was actually in a bad mood because of today's events, I didn't want to make her stupid, which is why I expressed myself politely.

„It's okay, Maevy. Come with me, you can help me in the kitchen." And with that she took the groceries and my left wrist and pulled me into the house.

From outside I could snort indignantly and again hear a kind of growl.  What's wrong with these people?  Where the hell did I end up here?  I just wanted to get out of the shitty everyday life with my parents and lo and behold, I ended up in the next shit.  Several people who call me theirs.  Already scary and atypical. 

"Maevy.  I know it is not easy for you to understand what has just happened but let me tell you one thing, these people out there would never hurt or put you in danger.  Neither would Phil and I do it. "While she was saying this more incoherently than anything, she started unpacking and preparing the vegetables.  What I am really wondering now is in which apparent sect I ended up here.

"Is Phil okay?  I mean after Juri beat him up that badly?  Shouldn't we treat him somehow? "My thoughts were pretty much on my brother-in-law who had tried to protect me from the giant and was only beaten up because of me.  Without thinking about it, I grabbed the first aid kit and a cooling pad from the freezer and quickly walked into the living room.  I could hear that my sister was about to say something but I really don't know what. I don't know why but I knew that everyone else would be there by now.  Phil was more or less on the sofa and the woman was cleaning the wounds on his face.  The remaining four men stood to one side and talked vigorously to each other, as if they were discussing something extremely important.  As I walked further into the room, they noticed me, even though I wasn't making a sound, almost as if they had sensed or smelled my presence.  Something that couldn't be, after all, there can't be such a thing, that would be just plain crass and supernatural.  It just can't be.  Without distracting myself from it, I ran up to Phil, who tried to sit up but couldn't make it without help.  "I am so sorry.  Come on, I'll take care of you first, the best thing is to lie down again first, I'll put the cooling pad on your chest, you pretty much got caught. "

I carefully pushed my brother-in-law back onto the sofa so that he could lie there quietly and without effort. Immediately afterwards I used the contents of the first aid kit and took care of his face, which I noticed looked rather bad. "You really don't have to do that. That's okay. Honestly. " Phil tried the whole time to convince me that he didn't have to be taken care of and that it would be much better. But I didn't let go of my plan to take care of the wounds, somehow it was my fault. He only interfered because of me. "And how I have to do it. After all, he only attacked you because you wanted to help me! " Demonstrating, I pointed with my right hand between him and Juri to clarify what I said.

He wanted to say something about it right away, but was jostled by one of the other huge guys, which is why he let it be. But you could still hear a low, incomprehensible whisper. When I was done, I looked at him and then helped him sit up. Behind me I could hear a rather dissatisfied grumble and growl as I got even closer to Phil than before. Confused, I turned my head a little to see what was going on, only to see that Juri and everyone else couldn't stand my physical contact with Phil. "What's the matter with you guys? We don't even know each other and you go crazy when I touch my brother-in-law! Seriously, that's not normal. "I shook my head vigorously and then started to leave the room. "Wait!" For the first time the woman spoke to me directly, her voice was just beautiful. I honestly had to admit she could tell me something for hours and I would be interested all the time.

„Yes?" I looked straight into her really beautiful face and caught myself in her gaze.  "Where exactly are you going now?" With a little shake of my head, I freed myself from her gaze.  "In the kitchen." With this simple sentence I really disappeared into the kitchen, in which my sister was still preparing the food.  She watched me carefully as I looked for a few things, but said nothing at all.  When I had picked up various items including a water bottle, cookies and chips, I ran back into the living room where everyone was still there.  Apparently they had had a stimulating conversation before, but interrupted or ended it when I entered.  I couldn't quite tell whether they'd finished it or not, but apparently my presence was a reason to interrupt it.  They looked at me with a watchful look, almost like that of a dog, as I put the things I was carrying around on the table in front of Phil.

"I will now leave you alone so that you can continue your apparently secret conversations." With that I ran into the kitchen again with the plan to get something to eat. "Casey, can I get some of the casserole and salad?" Fortunately, I still had plenty of drinks in my room from this afternoon. "Of course, help yourself. I can understand that you don't feel like eating with us. But if you still want to join us afterwards, you are very welcome to do so. They are actually really not that bad, I mean I know that you got a rather bad first impression of them, but still. If you change your mind just come downstairs. "After her talk, which I just acknowledged with a sneaky nod, I walked out of the kitchen with my food and up the stairs to my room to just watch one of my favorite Tv-shows.