"Aww, rotten luck guys," Liesel said as she and Lily continued on toward the girls' dorms. "See ya in a bit." Sirius craned his neck and watched them head up the staircase.

"Well, I'm gonna get a shower," Sirius said.

"Yeah I think I will as well." James looked at his best friend. "You know we've been in our Quiddich uniforms all day!"

Sirius nodded. "Yeah. I know." Sirius flagged down the little first year girl from the day prior and asked if she would give a message to Lily for him: that he was getting a quick shower and for Liesel to wait for him. The little girl nodded and ran off toward the girls' dorms.

"Another fan, Padfoot?"

"Nah, just someone I helped out yesterday," he said rising from the sofa.

"You helped out a first year?"

"So?"

James  feigned crocodile tears and wiped at it with his finger. "Awww! My ickle Padfoot is growing up!"

Sirius bellied up to James and looked down at him with a raised brow. "Don't push it Potter," he grumbled. Sirius felt a tug at the hem of his shirt and looked down and saw the little boy he had given a piggy back ride to. "Yeah, what do you want, Little Man?"

"Sir? Please don't fight!"

Sirius' face softened as did James. "We're not fighting, Little Man."

James knelt down before the young boy. "This is how we play. Sirius is my best friend, you see?" James stood and wound his arm around Sirius' neck and squeezed, threatening to choke Sirius.

"Oh." The small boy's face turned scarlet.

Sirius released himself with a great flourish. "Hey, the little girl that was with you in the Library...?"

"My sister," he said. "She was terribly worried for you this morning."

"Aww, that's sweet." Sirius nodded and smiled as he ruffled the boy's hair. "Alright. I gotta get a shower...I'm pretty ripe," he said grinning.

The small boy nodded and grinned as he wrinkled his nose.

Sirius shuffled toward the stairs and then ascended them, three steps at a time.

James turned and looked toward his friend as he stood in front ot their dorm room door. "New fans of the dashing Sirius Black, I see?"

"Shut up, James." He too looked at the door. "Do we simply barge in or what?"

"I want to. He's been in there forever but then he'd have carte  blanche to do it to us."

Sirius nodded. "True."

James banged on the door. "Peter! Get decent! Sirius and I need a shower, mate! We'll be in and out within moments!"

Sirius eyed his friend. "Honestly James! In and out?" He chuckled, then listened through the door. "He's closing his bed curtains." James grinned and chuckled.

"Alright! You can come in," Peter said in a raised voice.

"Thank you," James cooed.

Sirius and James gathered their clothes and bathing and grooming supplies, stuffing everything into small dufflebags. "Thanks mate! Sorry to have interrupted you!"

"Mmhmm. S'all right," Peter said. "We were just going to get something to eat in a bit anyway."

"Ahh well, happy foraging then! Ta!"

"Yeah. Cheers."

The boys left the dorm room, with the burgundy and gold tie intact on the door knob.