Chapter 8

Here's another update!! It's unedited like most of my work! Enjoy! =)

Peace. A feeling that I haven't experience in a long time and had forgotten until tonight. I lay awake in my room late at night pondering these newfound feelings coursing through my every veins. I keep asking myself if this is all real and pinch myself one too many times just to make sure I didn't wake up from some fairy tale dream. Whatever it is that's happening now, I love the feeling and am willing to accept it with open arms, even if the feeling only last for the night. I was at peace with my life.

"You're mine, Amelia." When those three words left his lips, I was stunned trying to comprehend if what I heard was correct. He repeated them again. "You're mine, Amelia and only mine."

A huge smile spread across my face and a girly shriek sounded from my throat. I was all too excited at the turns of event. I'm his and only his...

He had asked me how I felt about him and if I liked him and I reluctantly said yes, I was too shy and embarrass to admit it but finally I did. That was all he needed to hear for a smile to spread across his handsome face and he once again embraced me. I swear I was on cloud nine at that moment.

Although he didn't say out loud that he returned my feelings, I can tell just from his actions alone. Finally, when he was ready to let me go, he offered to walk me home - well insisted after I denied him a couple times for fear Jackson might see us. I can't let Jackson know of him. I have to protect Christian now.

He pecked me on the forehead before leaving me walking back in the direction of the park. I gaze lovingly at his disappearing back before going in. And that was how my night of fairy magic ended.

*****

It has been a week since that night. Everything between Christian and I have been going smoothly. Every morning he's been picking me up for class and every time I worked, he will come pick me up and take me home. If I was working at the library for the night, he would stay in the romance section indulging himself in endless books until I got off.

He's everything I can ever wish in a boyfriend and more. Although we've never spoke those words officiating it, he never hid his actions from anyone. His group of friends seem to all be aware of our relationship and even started acting "nicer" to me. Or at least like I existed. Avery was nice to me, but I'm guessing that has a lot to do with Jenny dating him now. Tom greeted me whenever we were around each other but still we don't speak much. It was only Sarah that still gave me a hard time. She would stare me down and acts as if she always wants to tell me off but one look from Christian and it shuts her up. Still though, I feel like the group had this bond and I wasn't close enough to them to know what it was yet.

-

I wait outside after class to be pick up. "This guy better hurry up." I mumble to myself. The weather looks as if it was going to rain any second.

Five minutes after, Avery's white Lexus pulled up beside me.

"Finally!" I said getting in his car.

"Sorry Millie. Was busy...saying goodbye to Jenny," he arched his brows twice saying the last part with a sly smile.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Please, I don't need to know."

He chuckles before replying, "Anyways, thanks for helping me out. I would never know what to get Jenny for her birthday. I owe you big time."

"That you do," I nodded staring out the window as we drove away from campus.

Earlier this week, Avery had begged me after class to take him shopping for Jenny's birthday that is coming up in two weeks. At first I refused because I still didn't know if I can trust him with my best friend. But he refused to leave me alone even threatening to follow me to work and annoyed me there. I finally caved after he threw me puppy eyes and I seriously thought he was going to cry on me. I decided I should give him a chance, seeing that he is Christian's best friend and I was able to give Christian a chance. More like he gave me a chance.