Chapter 1

Hey all! This is my second story I'll be posting on Wattpad and am super excited! It'll be an ongoing story along with my first "The Mistake" (check it out it you haven't already). Half of the locations posted is fiction!! I hope you all will enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it! As always thanks for taking the time to check out my stories! Love ya!!

Song "Who Knows" Avirl Lavigne

"Who knows what can happen. Do what you do just keep on laughing! One things true, there's always a brand new day-ay! I'm gonna live today like it's my last day!" Today was a great day because I have the house to myself, finally. Days like this only happens once in a blue moon so of course I have to take advantage of this, for instance singing in the shower so loud the aliens from Mars can hear me.

School is finally starting again, something I've been looking forward to all summer. No not for the reasons that I'm a total nerd or something but because it means time away from home. Or what I have to call home anyways.

This is my second year attending Northfield University. It's one of the few colleges in this town of Ravenswood that's just 2 hours outside of the Big Apple. Although I'm still working on general classes, I'm pretty sure I have my major picked out. Arts! Not just any, but painting since its all I've ever done growing up and the only thing that I'm actually good at. It's a passion, when I paint it makes me forget the troubles around me and only the art being created on the paper resides in my mind.

I look at myself in the mirror fixing my red hair and smoothing down my black long sleeve shirt over my blue jeans. Yes, it's the beginning of September, the sun is still high in the sky and burning hot but my body isn't exactly the type I want to be showing off.

"I'm all ready!" I announced to myself in the mirror giving my best smile.

Grabbing my bag I dash out the room but retract. Looking at the picture framed on my wall a genuine smile spread across my face.

"Mom. Dad. Wish me luck today." I prayed to the only people in this world I think has ever sincerely loved and cared about me.

My phone starts ringing in my back pocket of my jeans. Well, except for Jenny. She's a pretty awesome friend as well.

"Hello." I answered.

"Amelia Catherina Lovell! Where are you? I'm already here!"

"I'm on my way!" I said stepping along the hallway to the front door. Hanging up on her I head out the door.

-

Taking the city bus is a must for me because I'm a broke 19-year-old college student. I work at the school library almost every day and work at the local corner bakery, Angel's Sweets, two blocks down from my home. Since my parents passing in a car accident two years ago right before college started, my step-brother and I had no choice but to move from our nice home in Manhattan into a little house I was able to find not too far from campus. My dad wasn't actually my real dad, but the only dad I've known since he married my mom 6 years ago but regardless he was awesome as ever. And with my dad came my evil step brother, Jackson.

I got off at my stop right in front of the student union and there I see Jenny already waiting for me. Jenny is also an arts major but her specific field is theatre. I tell you, that girl has a way with her personality, sometimes I think she might even have split personalities.

We run into a giant hug screaming nonsense sounds and "I miss yous". This summer she went down to Florida to see her grandparents so we didn't get to spend time with each other.

"Oohhh, Mellie, you lost quite the weight while I was gone. Looking good my friend!" Jenny squeaked out of her perfect plum color lips.

"Shut it Jenny! I hate it when you talk about my weight and you are standing there looking like a stunning goddess from ancient Greek."