Gasp wow I've updated something
School's started and i don't know how long until the next time I update anything, really, so enjoy your gay chapter guys
Feedback feeds Carlos

🐢

And hey... Thanks™
~Cecil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What?! Who even likes white roses?!"
Hercules Mulligan shrugged, seeming unaffected by Lee's outburst of frustration.
"A lotta people must've had weddings or something."
"He'd know!" a certain Marquis de Lafayette chimed in from where they stood beside Hercules. "He makes the wedding dresses, Charles. They're beautiful~!"
"I know," Lee mumbled and sighed. "Come on, Mulligan. You don't have any white roses left? At all?"
    Hercules shook his head. "'Fraid not, Lee. Had you come about two, three minutes earlier you might've beaten the guy who had grabbed the last of them."
"Ah great, thanks, Herc," Lee spat sarcastically, rubbing his temples in annoyance. "Eugh. First the subway was late and I had to drive and now this shit. Who's the damn asshole who took the last of the flowers...?"
"Some other guy— a redhead, I think-"
"He had pretty eyes," Lafayette piped up and both Hercules and Charles turned to look at them.
     "What?" Hercules rose a brow, seeming to get a pang of jealousy as he heard what the other had to say.
    "Pretty eyes, cher. Redhead. Quite small—"
    "Like Madison?" Lee interjected and watched as they paused before shaking their head.
    "Non. Not as short as her... Actually, just a couple inches shorter than you, I believe, mon ami."
"What? That's not short at all."
"To us it is."
Lee scoffed and rolled his eyes.
"He was British as well, quite polite about it. He was wearing a sweater though it is not that cold outside I think? And a scarf that... That looked like..." Lafayette trailed off, glancing around as they tried to remember. They hummed as they spun around in their chair. Hercules smiled and chuckled.
     Lee was a little less amused.
    He kept to himself, but leaned in slight boredom on to the counter, watching Lafayette spin around. He was ticked off. At traffic, at this mystery redhead for taking the reason that he fought through traffic, at Lafayette for taking so damn long to finish their sentence—
     "...you know?"
Charles blinked out of his thoughts.
"What?"
"A scarf that looks a little like that one.. Phone box? From that.. That British show? Doctor-something."
It took him a minute before he chuckled. "Who, Laf."
"Who? The man who bought the last of the flowers, mon ami."
"No no no, it's the Tardis. Y'know? From Doctor Who-"
"I do not know who, that is what I said."
Both Hercules and Lee had to keep themselves from outright laughing at how clueless and confused Lafayette seemed.
"Mon ami," Lafayette glanced to Hercules with a slight pout. "What is so funny?"
"Nothing!" Hercules said quickly, snickering a bit. "Nothing, nothing. Really, it's nothing, Laf."
"But why are you laughing at m–"
"So! Charles!"
"Yessssss?" Lee drawled out the word, laughing softly as Lafayette pouted more and crossed their arms with a huff.
"M'sorry about the roses. You could check around back if there's anything you want?"
"Eh.. I dunno Herc, I-"
Hercules reached for something under the counter and pulled out a vase. "On the house, for your inconvenience."

Well, I mean, if he's paying for it..

Lee hesitated, gripping the paper note from the file that he kept in his pocket. "Ehh... Fine, I'll see. Thanks."
"Anythin' for a friend," Hercules chuckled and waved as Charles walked out of sight behind a shelf of vases.
So, today wasn't going the way Lee had planned. He had to drive— which, in New York, is always terrible— then he got stuck in traffic, and now he couldn't even get the one thing his new patient requested? (Knowing his luck, he'd probably be late to the session as well.) God, what had he done wrong?
Charles walked through rows and shelves of different flowers, none of them anything that seemed pleasing.