Chapter Nine - Sealed With A Kiss

Chapter Nine

Luna felt like she took two steps forward, only to stumble three steps backwards. The most important thing is that she finally had Leo in her arms. The safest place for him to be. Speaking of safety and danger, she needed to inform the authorities.

"I want to call the police. Miss Doe's family needs to know. She need's a proper funeral."

"Yoohooo!" The sound of Maribelle's voice radiated through the portal and into the room. "I can't really hold the portal open much longer. I have an appointment with a hot merman within an hour! You can haul your sweet little asses back now!"

The furrow in Sean's brows indicated his annoyance. "I'll see to it, we need to depart. It's not safe for you to be alone. All the more reason for you to stay with me. I can provide for you and your child."

My child? Luna shrugged the comment off.

"For once, I'm going to agree without putting up a fight. Leo's safety comes first." She twined her fingers with Leo's tightly, leading him to the source of the impatient Witch.

Leo's eyes widen with curiosity and interest. "Woah..." He gave Luna's hand a tug. "This is so cool! What is this, Luna?"

Luna ruffled Leo's head. "It's a portal, we're going to my big friend's-," she pointed to Sean, "house."

Leo raised his head high, gave Sean a look over, and scrunched his nose. "You never had a guy friend before. I'm the only boy you need, you said so!" He hugged onto Luna's arm, and threw Sean a look of disapproval.

Sean raised an eyebrow at the young one's declaration. "Is that so?" The right corner of his mouth twitched, revealing a ghost smile.

Where's his usual scowl?

Be still my irrational heart!

Gah, I'm not used to his semi-smile.

She cleared her throat. Striding through the portal with Sean at her heels, she met with Maribelle.

"My! What do we have here?" Maribelle feigned a gasp at the sight of Leo. "You're so adorable! Like a miniature sized Luna." She reached out to pinch Leo's nose after drawing back the portal.

He rubbed his eyes with the side of his fist and yawned. "My name's Leo. I'm hungry, Luna.." he yanked the fringe of Luna's shirt, wrenching her attention.

Luna yawned in response to Leo's fatigue reaction. "For some reason, I'm feeling a little drained too. Let's see if we can raid Sean's kitchen for some munchies. It should help me think of a fool-proof plan in bringing Rissa over here with us." Somehow, she managed a weak smile.

Maribelle placed an open palm towards Leo invitingly. "Going back and forth through the portal drains your energy, it's normal. Here, come with me while Luna replenishes herself in private. I can show you the kitchen. The chef will make you a plate you'll never forget!"

Leo swiftly wrapped his small arms around Luna's waist, hiding his face into the bottom of her shirt. "I don't wanna leave you yet." He tried not to whine.

Luna's heart melted. "I'll go too, I'd like to try a bite of what you're having." She patted his soft little head in reassurance.

Maribelle exchanged glances with Sean. "Did you explain anything to her?" Hands on her hip.

Sean smoothed his fingers through his darken blonde hair. "It escaped my thought process."

Explained what? Don't tell me..