Chapter Four - You're A Vampire, Sweetling

Chapter Four

As if his luck couldn't have been worse; the fates had the humor to jest with bestowing him a leech for a mate, one who was now struggling against his grip. A laughable gesture, he smirked ruthlessly.

Sean slowly took in his fill of her appearance. Her violet eyes that held stubborn defiance, with thick and long lashes which curled in the most feminine way... was bright in contrast against her dark as onyx locks. Slim waist, which flared into wide hips he just recently had a hold of, while she fed onto him so wantonly. Her breasts she attempted to cover weren't as abundant as he'd hoped, but they were firm and perky against the thin negligee she sported, which was enough to entice him. Sean's gaze grew hot.

The woman bit her lip, nervously. Her expression said she wanted to reprimand him for ogling, but turned her attention towards the surroundings. The Lycaons roared on the outskirts, causing goosebumps to travel up her arms. "What do you mean, 'Wisp's Forest,'" she seek cautiously, "What state or city is this?"

"State," Sean asked rhetorically, "Ah, the residence of humans? We're in the realm of Metaxu." He released one of his hands, and continued ushering her towards their vehicle. "Your name," Sean commanded.

She pursed her lips, not pleased with sharing any kind of information with a stranger. "Luna," the woman answered with a clipped tone. "Is it possible of you to release me from these cuffs?"

"It is," He replied. Luna? A name fitting for her beauty, he grimaced; all vampires were unnaturally beautiful and equally sinister.

Luna huffed in annoyance, "Well can you? It's hurting my wrists".

Sean simmered the strength a bit on his hold, stepping over the corpses, "It's magically enhanced. We'd need a witch to void the incantations placed upon them". He felt her paces to be a little more jagged, so he shifted his view to her.

Luna's eyes illuminated red; her fangs glinted in the night, reminding him once more of what he despised. Her focus was placed on the gore of limbs sprawled across the ground. She was hungry. Even after she stole a bite from him?

Insatiable woman.

"You're hungry still," Stated Sean. "You may feed some more in the privacy of my chambers".

She jerked away, making an effort to shake off her hunger. "Please, I know I have no right to ask you for anything, but I really need to get back to Connecticut".

"I'll send orders to fetch for your belongings. From this day onward, you'll reside with me," Sean halted before the vehicle as the crowd of Lycaons, rescued and not, ceased their conversations and turned their attention toward Sean and Luna.

"I don't know how you were raised but I'm not going anywhere with you, thanks for saving me and all but there's a limit to gratitude!"

Sean smirked heartlessly, "Oh? I'm assuming you're going to retract the spells on the cuff by yourself also? You, who couldn't escape from low-grade vampires and was in the midst of being sold by their own kin," his laughter was void of humor.

Luna's perfectly arched brows furrowed in anger. Good, be angry... but he'd be damned if the flush of anger didn't compliment her beautiful face... which upset him even further. She pressed her lips in a thin line, no doubt contemplating how to get out of this situation without having to leave with him.

Not a chance, little minx.

She tried squeezing her hands out of the cuffs, but failed. Sighing in defeat, "Fine, I'll go..." Luna whispered softly.

Someone snickered in the crowd of Lycaons and she perked her head up, just now realizing they were surrounded by others. Stormm took a step towards Sean, shirtless and blood plastered all over him. Luna violet's bore into Stormm's built physique with curiosity and Sean nearly bit his tongue off in irritation. "It's safe to evacuate the premises," Stormm informed.

"She's coming along, and taking the front seat beside me," said Sean, reaching for a shawl and slipping it pass Luna's head, covering her body.

Stormm raised a brow in questioning but didn't respond.

Sean was looking forward to her expression of awe when she would witness the castle for herself. Be amazed, he thought. She wouldn't want to leave. Instead, there was a quick look of interest as she took in her surroundings, and then a moment later her eyes grew dull, as if she was pondering about something more important. Irked, he pulled her into his chambers and sat her down at the edge of his bed.

Luna bit her bottom lip nervously, brows slightly furrowed. Ah, there goes an expression other than disinterest.

"Have the witch Melinda come to my chambers first," he ordered of Mr. Higgins; a family caretaker before he dispersed from the room, leaving Luna alone with him.

"After you get the cuffs off..." Luna began, "I'm heading home, I swear, I appreciate your help-"

Sean took a step closer.

"-but I can't... stay with you, I don't know what you mean by fates or whatever, but in the real world, keeping me here without my permission is borderline kidnapping," she finished as best she can with an authoritative note.

He held the bottom of her chin between his fingers, tilting upwards so he can get a clear view of her face in the light. The breath was nearly knocked out of his chest at the stunning depth of her violets.

Her eyes met his and Sean heard her heart accelerating. She jerked out of his grasp, as her cheeks flushed an attractive pale crimson.

Ignoring her earlier words, "Are you still hungry," Sean asked while he extended a claw and carved a thin line at his neck. He felt the thick liquid cascade past his collar bone.

Luna's eyes riveted towards the drop and instantly her eyes flickered to its ruby color. "W-what are you doing?" she asked meekly.

Sean pulled Luna up onto her feet, and switched places with her on the bed. He sat confidently with his legs spread apart far enough to pull her in between them. Raising his head, he tilted it to the right, exposing her meal for her. "Drink," he commanded.

"Are you crazy?" Luna asked incredulously. He was beginning to wonder if anyone ever taught her of their ways. Maybe she was a youngling still, raised in poverty, born from a slave mother... he thought he could hate her less if that was the case.

"How old are you?" He peered at her with his sharp, inquisitive eyes.

"I'll be twenty-five this year," she answered, licking her lips whilst staring at his self-inflicted wound.

With a sharp intake of breath, he pulled her in closer, "You're fine to take from the source at your age, hurry before I heal," Sean insisted.

"Excuse me? What do you mean by the source? You want me to drink your blood? I'm not one of those monsters, I'm not a monster. I'm human," Luna retorted and yet, she was leaning towards the crook of his neck.

Ah, she confirmed his suspicions. Luna was human before she was turned against her will. "Newsflash, sweet-ling. You're a vampire, feed now because you aren't going to be feeding from anyone else," he demanded between his clenched teeth.

If they saw him now, feeding his Vampire mate with his blood, he laughed sarcastically.

Too drunk with hunger, she pressed her lips against his pulse... the pulse that started to beat erratically from the contact. She licked hesitantly at first, and then gave in. At the first pull of her sucking, he had to bite back a groan, a groan that Luna herself didn't bother to hold back as she grasped onto his muscled shoulder and filled herself with his life's nectar.

Would it be like this every feeding? Ah, this woman would be the death of me.