Percy's true feelings

This is it, I'm not quite sure what happened but I've kinda got to do it, don't I? It's not fair on her if I don't. But I do really love her more than anything in the world; we have been through so much together.

I don't want to break her heart, I just hope she will understand. We have become so close its like we are related and that is just too weird for me. I love her but without the romance part she's like my best friend or my sister and we are too old to keep chasing at a romance that's no longer there; I know fully well it's not coming either I mean why would it, she's um... not quite my type.

At first I thought it was just a phase and that it would pass and we would live as happily ever after as possible for two seventeenish year old demigods with magic powers and monsters following their every move, we would get married, raise a family; but no these bloody feelings had to come and ruin everything, I was surprised at first but after what six years you kind of get used to it. Yeah it can't be a phase, those things don't last that long.

I do love him but I can't tell him, or anyone for that matter. I might tell Annabeth if we are still friends, I definitely don't want her to be the last one that I tell. That would make it seem as though I don't want to be friends or confide in her any more, which is definitely incorrect. She will always be my best friend even better than Grover I think but I won't let him know that. That would NOT go down well, he is such a sensitive soul and I don't want to be the one that breaks him.

Huh!!! My world is turning upside down but clearly that's not enough; whenever he comes near or I hear something about him my heart does flips inside my chest as well. Do you know what the worst thing is? He's a child of Hades and the Ghost king, He doesn't have emotions especially not towards me.

He's been so distant lately its like he hates me, every time I go to sit with Annabeth he leaves and it breaks my heart so. I guess if I think about it, he does have feelings he's clearly in love with Annabeth and that's worse then him not having feelings at all.

I know its mean but I guess if I don't break up with Annabeth then he won't will be able to date her; that would be the final straw I wouldn't be able to deal with seeing him there next to her, Annabeth in my place. Kissing her and giving her the wishful look that I used to give Annabeth at the beginning of our relationship years ago.
The look that I now give to him at every glance, he doesn't seem to notice he's just looking angrily at Annabeth probably for not dating him.

I know this keeping Annabeth so he can't take her is selfish and horrible but I don't know if I would be able to live through them getting together.

I love him too much for that, but I guess I should at least let them be happy; they do mean more to me then my life; both of them. Damn you, you stupid weakness I never thought being too loyal could ever be a bad thing but now I understand, it's going to ruin my life.

Never mind me, I'd better get this over with. I know!! I could take Mrs O'Leary, Tyson and Ella we could go somewhere on our own. We could travel the world, start a life of our own. Tyson could help build the house, maybe a cottage by the sea far from this place and far from the rest of the world. Hm... it would have to be quite a large house and with a shed of some kind for Mrs O'Leary and... somewhere on the roof filled with books and scrolls for Ella.

We won't have to be that close to any shops because I can ride on Mrs O'Leary but we will need a source of getting some money. Maybe we could start a circus sort of thing. I could do stuff with water, Ella could spout paragraphs from any book they ask for, Tyson could... well we'd think of something. Mrs O'Leary could run really fast and bark or stand on her hind legs and do some dog tricks.
...
I don't know.

***********************************************************************************************************

Hi again, once again sorry this is short but I'm very new to writing these.

Tell me what you think and if I should write more.

Please comment and vote if you like :P