54 • baby daddy & baby fever

Start from the beginning

"Good! I got an A on my spelling test."

I set him down on the counter, and he handed me his test. I smiled then put it on the refrigerator before taking the other cookies out of the oven.

"Good job!" I gave him a high-five and a cookie. "You're so smart."

He grinned. "Can I go outside and play?"

"Of course you can."

I set him down, and he ran to the backyard. Thankfully, he took Michael with him because he was getting on my nerves.

I walked up to Blake and gave him a hug while resting my chin on his chest. "Hi."

"Hi." He leaned down a little to kiss me. "Why are your eyes so puffy?"

"Allergies," I lied with a shrug. "The lady across the street just had a baby, and I'm gonna take some stuff over there for them. Can you keep an eye on those two out there? You know I still don't trust Michael alone with Jaden."

"Yeah, I can do that."

I thanked him, got the basket off the counter, and went across the street to see my neighbor and her new baby.

•~•~•

Blake's POV:

"Babe, look!" Alex squealed, shoving her phone in my face. "Isn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen?!"

I looked at the picture of the baby, then looked at Alex, who went back to scrolling through more baby pictures.

"What's going on with you?" I asked. "Why are you so baby crazy today?"

She looked up and smiled sheepishly. "I have baby fever."

I raised my eyebrows because I had no idea what that was. "What does that mean?"

"I wanna have a baby," she giggled, locking her phone. I felt my eyes widen a little, and her smile vanished. "I mean, I don't wanna have a baby with you. I mean...oh God, I shouldn't have said an─"

I was finally able to come back to reality and before she could finish her sentence, I kissed her. She lied back on the bed, I hovered over her, and she moved her hands down my back. She then put her hands on my chest and pushed my body off of hers so she could catch her breath.

"What was that for?" she panted.

"You said you wanted a baby," I said as I unbuttoned her jeans. "So I'm gonna give you one."

"Woah, wait. As much as I want another baby, I don't plan on having any more kids until I'm married."

I sat up on my elbow and shrugged. "Alright then; let's get married."

She sucked her teeth and pursed her lips together in a firm line. "Trying to get you in this relationship was like pulling teeth, and now all of a sudden you wanna get married and have a baby with me? What's up with you?"

I chuckled and played with the button on her jeans. I'd actually been thinking about marriage & babies before we became official, but I never said anything to her because I didn't wanna scare her off.

"Well, we aren't dating just for the fun of it. I love you, and one day I see us getting married," I said, making her smile. "And I've been thinking about you & I having a baby since I met your niece. She makes me want a daughter, and I want you to give me one, so come on."

I pulled her jeans off and threw them somewhere in the room but when I got to her underwear, she put her hands on top of mine to stop me.

"That's sweet, but I'm still not having a baby until I'm married. And even if we do get married, there's no guarantee I'll want to have one."

I scoffed, pretending to be mad. "So you'll marry me, but you won't have my baby? Why is that?"

"I always thought when I had kids they'd all have the same father, but I messed that up," she said, visibly upset.

"Well, I'm not gonna let you have sex with Michael just so your kids can have the same dad," I replied, trying to cheer her up.

She laughed and slapped me in the chest playfully. "Shut up!"

I laughed along with her and lied in between her legs. She ran her fingers through my hair, putting me at ease, and I almost fell asleep.

"But seriously, it shouldn't matter that our kids have different dads. We're gonna love them all the same, and that's all that matters, right?" I asked, and she nodded. "Good. So when are we getting married?"

She giggled and shook her head. "I always wanted to get married at twenty-six, then have a baby at twenty-seven."

"Damn, babe, I'll be in my thirties," I said, making her laugh again. "But whatever my woman wants, I'll make it happen."

She smiled, showing off her dimples, and I wrapped my arms around her waist and laid my head in her lap as we continued our conversation.

____________________

Things might get a little rocky for Alex and/or Blake in future chapters...👀