20 • insecurities & sloppy mistakes

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Alexandra's POV:
"Mommy..."

I was in the kitchen, looking through the cabinets to see if we had any soup, when Jaden called me weakly. He's pretty sick, and I hate when my baby is sick.

He likes to sleep in my bed when he's sick, so I went up to my room and sat on the bed.

"How you feelin', baby?" I placed the back of my hand on his forehead and luckily, his fever had gone down.

"A little better." He laid his head on my shoulder and coughed, "Mommy, can you stay with me?"

I chuckled softly and kissed the top of his head, "of course I can."

I lied beside him, and he curled into my side as we watched SpongeBob.

"Alex?"

"I'm in my room."

After ten seconds, India walked in and smiled when her eyes landed on Jaden.

"I brought y'all food because I'm such a good friend," she said, setting Chick Fil A bags on the bed, "you're welcome."

"Thank you."

While she emptied the bags and tried to get Jaden to eat something, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw a message from Blake.

bg 😈: Can you come out tonight?

me: nope. i got a sick kid to take care of.

I laid my phone in my lap and drank some of my Sprite, and that's when I realized India & Jaden were having a legit argument about SpongeBob.

bg 😈: Damn! I wanted to see you tonight

me: you'll see me tomorrow & saturday.

bg 😈: 😒✋

I laughed to myself at how sassy he was and started to reply, but he texted again before I could.

bg 😈: Tell lil man I said to feel better

me: k

bg 😈: Don't ever "k" me again

I laughed again, but I think India noticed this time because I felt her staring a hole into the side of my head.

me: lol yes sir.

bg 😈: 😏

bg 😈: Anyway, I'm gonna party real hard tonight just for you

me: lol aight. you do that.

"You must be talking to someone very interesting," India said, "because I've called your name five times."

I looked over at her and smiled sheepishly, then locked my phone. "It was just Blake asking if I could come out. Speaking of which, why didn't you go with them?"

"Girl, I'm tired, and I need all of my energy when I go out with them. They be doin' the most - especially Blake."

I slid my phone back in my pocket and cleared my throat a little, "does he take a lot of girls home?"

I may have sounded a little jealous or insecure, but that's because I was.

"Hell yeah." She chuckled but quickly stopped when she saw that my mood had suddenly changed. "But I don't think he will tonight."

I faked a smile and focused my attention on the TV. Why am I so jealous all of a sudden?

•~•~•

Blake's POV:
We've only been in this club for, I wanna say, two hours, and I'm already drunk as hell. There was this tall brunette motioning for me to come to her and being the drunk idiot that I am, I did. But before I could get to her, I felt someone grab my arm.

"What are you doing?" DJ asked.

"I'm gonna go talk to that girl over there," I said, nodding in her direction.

He looked behind me and scrunched up his face a little, "I was told not to let you do anything stupid, and we all know you're gonna try to take her home."

"And since when has that been a problem?" I chuckled.

He rolled his eyes and sighed, "since Alex came in the picture. Did you forget about her?"

I chuckled again and waved him off. I know what I said about Alex, but I'm just trying to have fun tonight.

"I see where you're going with this, but we're both single and allowed to have fun."

I walked away before he could even respond and sat with the brunette. We introduced ourselves, but after talking and drinking some more, I forgot the girl's name.

After some time, DJ's brother, Cory, was telling me it was time to go, so I grabbed the girl's hand, and we exited the club through the back.

We stumbled through the well-lit alley, my arm around her shoulders, and talked about God knows what.

We reached a black gate and as soon as I opened it to walk out, I saw cameras flashing, and I heard my name being called over and over. Paparazzi.

While someone escorted her out to the truck, I stayed in the alley to get bitched at by, who I assume was Lorne. Once all that was over, Cory, Lorne & I walked out to the truck but before I could get in, someone said something that got me all worked up.

"Blake, get in the car," Cory said.

"Blake, get in the car," Lorne repeated.

I did what I was told and got in the car, not wanting to cause more trouble. I laid my head back, closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"This is exactly what India meant by not letting you do anything stupid," Cory said.

I kept my eyes closed and ignored him. It's bad enough I'm probably gonna hear this from her tomorrow; I don't wanna hear it from him too.