24 • jaden the matchmaker

Alexandra's POV:

When we pulled into my driveway, I tried to get out of the car as fast as I could, but I wasn't fast enough.

"Alex, are you seriously still mad?" Blake asked, stopping me from getting out of the car, "I said I was sorry."

"Yes, I'm still mad! That guy was cute," I pouted, "And honestly, your apology means nothing if you're just gonna do it again."

He rolled his eyes, probably because I called the guy cute, then sat back in his seat. He didn't say anything, but what could he say? Nothing he says can justify what he did.

I opened my door to get out of the car but once again, he stopped me.

"Do you at least forgive me?" he asked, leaning over the arm rest.

I looked at the puppy dog face he was giving me, and tried not to smile. "I don't know yet."

He put his index finger under my chin and placed a gentle kiss to my lips.

"I'm not letting you out of this car until you smile and say you forgive me," he said with his lips against mine.

When I didn't say anything, he pecked my lips over & over until I started smiling involuntarily.

"Alright, I forgive you," I caved, "just, please, don't do it again. It's annoying."

"I can't make any promises, babe, but I'll try."

He gave me a big, playful kiss on the cheek, then got out the car. I got out the car as well and when I closed the door, I heard Jaden running toward me.

"Mommy, I have something for you & Blake!" he said excitedly.

I giggled at my excited little boy, "what is it, baby?"

"It's a surprise!"

He grabbed my hand and Blake's hand, then he led us to the house. Once we were inside, he connected mine & Blake's hands and continued to lead us through the house until we were in the dining room.

"Jaden...what is all this?" I asked, looking at the dinner table.

There were two places set at the table, along with a candle and a glass of apple juice. I don't know what this child is up to, but it's cute.

"Me and Uncle DJ made you lunch," he said, pulling a chair out for me, "peanut butter & jelly sandwiches with apple juice."

"That's sweet, but there's only one glass."

"I know," he smiled, "it's so you can share."

He pulled out two straws and put them in the glass, making Blake chuckle.

"I'll leave y'all alone," Jaden said.

On his way out of the dining room, he turned around to wink at us, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm sorry," I said to Blake, "I have no idea what he's up to."

"It's okay," he chuckled, "he set us up on a little date, and it's cute."

Blake and I held a little conversation about our exes, our kids and any other random topic that came up. It was nice talking to him about something other than basketball and sex.

Ten minutes into our conversation, Jaden came back with a huge, yet suspicious, smile on his face.

"Are you two in love yet?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

My eyes widened, and Blake started choking on his sandwich, which Jaden thought was so funny.

"Jaden, baby, Blake and I are just friends," I said carefully, "we're not gonna fall in love."

His smile disappeared, his eyes watered up and all of a sudden, I felt like the worst mother ever.

"Now I'll never get a daddy," he said sadly.

Those six words broke my heart, and now I feel terrible. He ran out of the dining room, and I'm assuming upstairs.

"I'm gonna go see if he's alright," I said.

"Okay," Blake nodded.

I went up to Jaden's room and knocked on the door since it was closed. He muttered a "come in," so I opened the door, and he was sitting on his bed with his head held down.

"Hey Jay."

"Hi."

I walked into his room and sat on the floor in front of him. "I'm sorry you went through all this trouble today."

He shrugged, "I just wanted a daddy."

My eyes welled up with tears seeing my son so upset. Honestly, I despise Michael for not wanting to be in this child's life.

"I know, baby, but...why Blake?" I asked curiously.

"Because he likes you and makes you happy, and he's nice to us," he explained, "that's what daddies do, right?"

I simply nodded because I didn't wanna hear my voice crack.

"It's not fair," he continued, "all of my friends have daddies."

He began to cry, so I sat him on my lap and wiped his tears. "I know how much you want a daddy because I want you to have one too. But I promise, when the time is right, you'll get a new daddy."

"Okay," he smiled, "I love you so so much, Mommy."

"I love you so so much."

He gave me a kiss and we went back downstairs with Blake & DJ.