7

~from Tsukiyama's POV~
My kagune whipped out faster than my first opponent could process, and a split second later, he was coughing up blood as I used my natural weapon to drill straight into his chest and rip out his heart, letting it drop out of the cavity of his chest and land on the very ground that he had spit on.
All of this occurred so quickly that he was sprawled on the ground, dead, before his expression could change.
By then, the other two had turned towards me, and the ghoul holding - choking - my dear Miss Kaneki nodded towards the other.
"I'll handle the girl. You deal with that bastard!"
The ghoul nodded and turned toward me, his kagune appearing.
I smirked. Kagune generally followed certain trends based on their respective assets and liabilities: A bikaku trumps the rinkaku, which in turn beats the koukaku, which wins over the ukaku, which is superior to the bikaku, completely the cycle. I myself am the proud owner of a koukaku, which lends me sturdiness and speed as well as weight, and the ghoul before me sported an ukaku, which is inversely lightweight and, while possessing similar speed, has a lower stamina, leaving long-range attacks as the most attractive means to an end.
In short, I had the advantage. I grinned at him as I readied myself for another hard strike. "Today is simply not your lucky day," I sang out as I leaped forward and our kagunes collided. As we were in an alleyway, the ukaku user did not have much room to move away and prepare for a distanced attack, and the heavier weight of my kagune bore down on his. As our Rc cells battled in midair, I approached him and kicked him with enough power to send him flying into the wall, and without giving him a second to form a better defense, I slashed straight through his abdomen and stomach, leaving his figure bleeding out and torn open with a gash that no amount of stitches could sew back together.
I moved on with calm steps and a polite smile towards the last remaining ghoul on my slaughtering list, who had grabbed my dear Miss Kaneki and was now holding her in front of him, his bikaku ready and poised to strike at her throat.
"D-don't move, or I'll kill her, I swear!" he growled, but there was fear in his voice.
It didn't matter; his words never truly reached my ears. All I could do was stare at all of the places that my dear Miss Kaneki's body was pressed against his as he held her close to him. Her function in his arms was a shield, not a lover, but that did nothing to quell the unending jealousy that burned in every cell of my fabulous body.
I took a step closer, ignoring his warning, and the moment I set my foot down, he used his kagune to slash my dear Miss Kaneki's throat.
I watched as her eyes widened in surprise - or was it pain? - and blood began pouring out from her throat in profuse amounts, soaking her clothing - which did a lovely job of accenting the finer features of her figure, if I might add - and spraying forward, coating the alleyway in red. As Miss Kaneki slumped in the ghoul's arms, I took a moment to breathe in the tantalizing scent of her sweet blood.
Wine. It as though I am breathing in the purest wine, letting it settle in my lungs, a sweet, dark promise...
I want more. I NEED more.

And I am a man who gets what he wants.
A smile crossed my face and I began advancing once more, and the other ghoul panicked quickly.
"Fine! You want her? You can have her! Just leave me the hell alone!" he shouted, shoving my dear Miss Kaneki towards me as he began running running toward the end of the alley, most likely planning to leap on top of the dumpster and make an escape.
Ever the gentleman, I gracefully caught Miss Kaneki in my arms and laid her down on the street before lunging after the third ghoul, catching his ankle with my kagune, and dragging him back to me before unceremoniously ripping his head from his body with a slight grin.
My blood lust only partially satisfied, I turned back to my dear Miss Kaneki.
"I'm terribly sorry to have laid you down on the dirty ground," I apologized as I knelt next to her and, unable to resist myself, traced my tongue along her slit throat, immediately savoring the sweet flavor of her blood and delighting as she shivered in my arms. As I watched, her cells slowly began to knit themselves back together, albeit slowly.
Suddenly, a thought occurred to me - one the likes of which I'd never considered before.
What if this is it? What if the cut to her throat is to deep for her Rc cells to seal in time? What if she bleeds out slowly, choking on her own blood, and truly dies?
My eyes widened. I could not allow that to happen. Hastily, I made a call before I scooped her up in my arms, taking a second to remove my jacket and place it around her shoulders to hide some of the blood. A few minutes later, a limousine pulled up alongside the alley and, leaving the carnage behind me, I escorted Miss Kaneki into the dark interior.
As I shut the door, trying to look fabulous despite the difficulty in maneuvering my arm while holding an unconscious woman, I looked up at the rear view mirror. "Drive quickly," I instructed, trying not to let my panic show, but I wasn't aware if I was successful.
I finally allowed myself to breath out a sigh of relief as the limousine advanced quickly toward my mansion, and I looked down at the woman in my arms.
I tried to convince myself that my worry was solely due to the possibility of losing a precious investment rather than actual concern over the well-being of a weakling such as herself.
I almost succeeded.