| EPILOGUE |

EPILOGUE | MINUTE BY MINUTE

.

ONE DAY AFTER

"Are you going vegan?"

It was casual, and relaxing, to sit on Lydia Martin's bed. In what parallel universe I'm living? Stiles asked himself because surely, even a month ago, it was kinda hard to imagine a reality where he sat next to Lydia Martin and only felt comfortable, like the way he would feel around Scott.

After years of pinning here he was over his first crush in a health way and he hadn't even realized that in the shit storm that was his life.

"No, I just feel a bit sick and I don't know. Vegan pizza sounded nice," he replied. He was playing with the edge of his long sleeved shirt and Lydia was curling her hair with her index finger. "Do you think I should? Yeah, I think I want to go vegan, at some point."

Lydia smiled half heartedly and she just looked a lot older than she actually was. Stiles had seen her with full make up on, with high heels and all those little things that made people look older but here Lydia was in her pijamas, freshly out of shower and she looked tired and drained.

Stiles was not sure if she enjoyed the way he was avoiding the topics they should be talking about or she was annoyed by it. At the end he could always trust Lydia to speak her mind so he decided that she was okay with it.

Stiles rambled about being a vegan or a vegeterian and Lydia didn't comment much until their orders arrived, the two chatting casually was not something out of the ordinary by that point. The thing that made the whole situation extraordinary was the fact that both of them were on edge, nervous and heartbroken.

Stiles was stalling. He came to that conclusion once he stopped talking to eat and stopping meant he had to think. About everything, especially yesterday. Once he shut up, the silence got heavier since Lydia was barely eating but wasn't speaking either way.

They had to talk about... everything, eventually. As he grabbed an other slice despite the fact that he wasn't actually hungary (he hadn't been eating much lately anyways) he stopped before he took a bite and stared at the slice before huffing and dropping it on the box.

"Did you talk to Ash?"

It was hard to be subtle while he was tired. Stiles didn't have a strong filter to begin with.

His question made that atmosphere tenser, it was enough to make Lydia look sad again instead of numb. She shifted on the bed and leaned back against the headboard of her bed, looking down on her lap. "I didn't. I think he wanted to but he never said anything yesterday so..."