Zane wouldn't believe him, especially if he saidSyler awoke the next morning with a slight burning sensation on his wrists, and last night's horror came back to him. The severely vivid images of the blood spilling and the clanking of the metal razor on the floor as he desperately tried to stop the bleeding came back into his mind. They were vivid, terrifyingly real to him and he didn't know what to do. He had to lie to Zane. He had to, no one would ever know about this. It would be a one time thing. Syler knew he was insane, but he never knew how quite insane his actions had become. His rational thinking seemed to have left him, especially in the recent months, after the shadows had entered back into his life. He wished he could just go back to what life was prior, but he knew the chances of him ever living normally again would be extremely rare, no matter how hard he wanted it, no matter how hard he tried, they came back. Stronger, more terrifying and he just wanted to scream, he wanted to exorcise his body of the bad thoughts, to purge it of all the memories, to make things right again.

the real reason why. No one would believe it. Yet at the moment Syler did it, it felt so real to him, as if there were truly creatures residing in his veins. Pulsing to get out, and they'd tear and break his skin in a much worse way of they weren't "cleansed" out of his blood, hence why he did bleed that night.

Zane looked over at him once he got on and made his way to the back of the bus where he resided. He noticed Syler's choice of wearing a hoodie instead of just a T-shirt like he usually did.

"You're bundled up today." Zane said, and Syler shrugged.

"I guess I felt cold, I don't know." Syler said and Zane looked at his phone's weather app.
"It's 75 degrees dude." Zane said, and Syler looked out the window at the rising sun.

"To be honest that's still pretty cold, and I've given up on looking at all decent anymore." Syler said and Zane shrugged.
"That's true, I just constantly assume the worst with you man, I'm sorry." Zane said and apologized to him.

"I get it man, don't sweat it. I appreciate the fact that you look out for me to be honest. No one's really cared for me and my well being as much as you have. Thanks man, I really appreciate it." Syler said and Zane smiled.

"Stop man, you're gonna make me blush." Zane said and Syler laughed slightly.

"Sorry man." Syler said and apologized to Zane.

"So, you ready for your day free of anything?" Zane asked, and Syler nodded.

"My day of sleeping to be honest with you," Syler said "And yes, I'm very excited to fall asleep." He stated.

"Sounds lovely." Zane said, and Syler itched the burning sensation of the wounds on his arms, he didn't know why they itched, and it very much bothered him, especially because he was trying to hide his discomfort from Zane so he wouldn't be found out or Zane wouldn't question him about it. He was determined to keep this a secret. No one would find out, he promised himself that.
"Yo dude, you chill? You zoned out for a couple minutes there." Zane questioned Syler and he nodded after shaking his head back out of his thoughts and into reality again.
"Yeah, sorry, my head does that sometimes." Syler lied, so he wouldn't blow any cover, but he was already certain that Zane knew something was up. He trusted him, he trusted Zane with every fibre of his body, but for some reason this thing that he was experiencing felt so surreal to him that he couldn't even voice what was happening to himself anymore. He was scared of himself. Every single thought that would cross his mind started to scare him.

Self sabotage it seemed. Everything he was doing was for his own demise. He rarely ate, as the maggots and the hooded creature wouldn't let him. He couldn't sleep because his own thoughts and dreams prevented it.