Once I returned to my car, I took a moment to calm my nerves, telling myself that that part of my life was over and I can now move on.

Traffic on the way back to Paisley Park had lightened up considerably since going the opposite direction forty five minutes before.

Butterflies began to flutter within as I drove down the freeway back to Chanhassen, getting closer and closer to my destination. I knew the best thing to do was to tell Prince how I felt, that I was falling for him. But the little voice in the back of my head was filled with doubts that sometimes consumed my thoughts.

Ultimately, Karen's loud voice telling me to just tell him the truth drowned out the doubts I had within.

The clock inside my car read 5:02 when I pulled up to Paisley Park, taking far less time than I had intended. My fingers were wrapped tightly around the steering wheel while I took several deep breaths in through my nose and out through my mouth, working up the courage to tell him the truth. One last breath and I quickly exited my car then headed into the building.

By the taxed look on his face, I assumed Prince would still be busy working on the problem he initially left me to remedy. So when I walked up to the reception area of his office, I was surprised that Gladys called him to let him know I had arrived. Once she hung up she told me to have a seat since he was with someone else.

I turned around to take the seat closest to the door when it swung open. A young brunette woman with long flowing hair sauntered through the threshold towards me. She looked into my orbs with her big brown eyes while wiping her mouth then directed her focus to the crooked skirt she wore around her waist.

My heart sank while she walked past me, slightly nudging my arm with hers, that was covered in a white silk blouse.

From her gaze, I looked to the right to see Prince inside the office, leaning against his desk with his feet and arms crossed and a emotionless look on his face. His eyes never left mine as the door closed with the loud sound of the latch hitting the door jam.

I stood there convincing myself to stay, the way I felt about him was obviously not the same way he felt about me. He was only doing what he'd always done with most of the women in his life.

The receptionist's phone rang, temporarily redirecting my attention from the office door to the loud sound of the receiver, "Ms Bryant, he's ready to see you."

Suddenly, my feet felt like they were made of iron, weighing me down into the carpet below. All of the things I'd planned on telling him, how I loved our little talks and our silent stares. How I cherished the moments we had together and in those moments, where it was just him and I, I began to feel something. It was something small at first, but soon grew into full blown, heart warming love.

I hated admitting that he had that sort of hold on me, even to myself. The love I felt for him, I'd been fighting for so long, but today was the day I was going to let it all out.

The heaviness of my feet eventually lightened up, allowing me walk into his office. Fighting back whatever emotions I had that seemed to bubble up into my throat, I made my way to the chair I favored and took a seat, never making eye contact. "Hey, I wasn't expecting you until later." His voice deeper than usual.

"Hmm, It didn't take as long as I thought it would." I said, my voice lacking emotion, my eyes fixed on his disheveled hair.