- kitchen shenanigans -

Jack woke up to Lula's side of the bed empty, the sheets pulled back and pillow fluffed back to fluffy perfection.(a/n: yeah. fluffy. anyways.)

Once he had slipped on a pair of sweatpants and a simple t-shirt he finally made his way to the open living room where a sort of... interesting scent was wafting through. And from the position he was at, he could certainly see a certain girl trying to work the stove.

"What. Are. You. Doing." He emphasized each word as he neared the green eyed girl.

"I'm up for breakfast duty today. Don't you remember?"

"Lula, at this point, we might just end up skipping breakfast." Jack piped, gesturing to the mess she had created in the kitchen.

None of the stoves were on yet a pan was on top, there was a huge mixing bowl with what looks like pancake batter, and some of it spilled on the side, and there were a couple egg shells lying around.

"But whyyyyy," she groaned.

"I know you're trying to be nice, but to be honest babe, you suck."

"There's only one thing I suck." Lula teasingly smiled at Jack and went back to her "breakfast prep".

"Y'know what. I'll let you cook. I wanna see how the rest is going to react to your cooking," doing the air quotes hand gesture while saying the cooking word.

And with that, Jack sat down at the dining table and played on his phone while he accompanied Lula.

The kitchen was quiet for a while until Lula piped up again.

"Jack?"

"Yeah?"

"How do you turn the stove on?"

"Is that why you kept mixing the pancake batter for 15 minutes? You procrastinated asking me that?"

"... I felt lumps in the batter so I kept mixing it."

Jack let out a sarcastic sigh and went over to next to Lula by the stove and turned on the stove with a swift click and the fire was out. Once he was done, he walked out while loudly saying, "She knows how to steal my wallet from my pocket but she doesn't know how to turn the stove on..."

***

"I hope I didn't make the mistake of actually letting you make breakfast," Dylan said as he sat down on the dining table, along with the rest of the crew.

The table was set with Lula's floopy pancakes, and a bowl of fresh fruit was right by it. Everyone got either orange juice or coffee or tea.

"Well here goes nothing," Merritt said as he took a bite of the pancake, and so did everyone.

The table was silent for a while.

"It actually tastes..... okay."

Even if the pancakes looked a bit weird the taste was actually still really good. They could taste a slight banana flavor in it and the texture was not too mushy but not too hard as well.

"So, yes, my cooking style is very messy and I may not really know my way around the kitchen, but one thing I do know is that we must all at some point learn how to make the perfect pancakes," Lula declared as she took another bite.

***

Breakfast was all finished and everyone had gone back to whatever they were doing, while Lula stood by Jack as she watched him clean the plates and scrub the forks clean.

"Bet you didn't guess my pancakes were gonna be that good, huh?"

"Alright, fine. They were good."

Lula flashed a victorious smile (not that he could see it, Jack wasn't facing her) and back hugged Jack.

"Am I the pancake princess of this house?"

"No. My pancake princess," Jack replied with a kiss on Lula's cheek.

------
yay for a new update!! :)

By the way, please please please send me requests!!! Give me cute everyday romance stuff, no smut please. I'm sure there's another book out there that's full of that ;) Also, THANKS FOR 1.5K reads!!!!!!!!!!