- movie night -

"God, card throwing is an arm workout itself," Lula groaned as they stepped out of the rehearsal room (yeah, the house was so big it had a studio) while she stretched out her arm. Dylan had insisted that they practice extra hard tonight, because he said there was something "coming very soon", whatever that means.

Jack trudged out as well, doing the same as Lula. Jack, as the Sleight of the group, was already good, but thanks to Dylan's words, he felt intimidated and also practiced extra hard. He even knocked down all the cups on the pyramid, something that only happened on a good day.

In all the time Jack had been cursing Dylan in his mind for being so intimidating, Lula had kept on rambling, ".... He's been saying we have something coming soon for the past two months! He's probably just torturing us & disguising it!"

Jack nodded at her words. It was kinda true, to be honest.

"Y'know what, I'm just gonna grab popcorn, pop a DVD into the player, and not getting off the couch until tomorrow. Are you in, Jack?"

"Sure thing, baby doll. But first, I need to shower."

***

When Jack came back downstairs in his sleeping shorts and t-shirt, Lula was already in her cloud print pajamas and was watching The Good Dinosaur.

Jack plopped down on the couch and gestured for Lula to lean on his shoulder so they could cuddle. He grabbed the bowl of popcorn, put it on his lap, and started munching it down.

During the part where Arlo's dad dies, Jack could hear sniffles. He looked down to see Lula sneakily wipe away her tears. Jack immediately grabbed her arm and put it down.

"Wiping away tears is my stuff," Jack said as he used his thumb to wipe away the flowing tears. Jack gave a small smile that made her swoon on the inside. How on earth did she get so lucky with a man like him?

Lula smiled softly and kissed him. But without realizing, Jack deepened the kiss, which basically continued into something little Arlo shouldn't have seen at a young age. And also, thank god all the others were sound asleep at their rooms, which was a whole other floor. They were all pretty banged up after practice.

----

OMG. YOU GUYS. THREE HUNDRED READS. THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH.

AND ALSO. That was based off of a real life experience. Damn, Disney is good at killing off characters.

ALSO. Sorry for the shorter chapter, I didn't write anything this weekend because I was away with my cousins and I didn't get the time to sit down & write, so I'm getting back at it slowly ;)