Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

A stunning lady in black.

That's all he could say as he stared at Monica beautifully, she is grieving at the lost of her husband he can see her pain and it hurts him the most. The old man as Oz referred to when they talked he saw that he loves, care and understand Monica more than anyone in this world. Nakita niya iyon habang kausap niya ito, he can see how he adored Monica. It was a special kind of love, not the love that he have for Monica, it was a different kind of love. It's full of respect and he can see that Monica have the same feelings for the man.

Hiindi niya sasabihin na mahal ito ni Monica, yes, maybe she loved him but in different kind of way. Monica loved the old man as if she respected him too much. That was different kind of love, not your typical one, they feel like a family.

And it hurts him so much knowing that his love towards her was defeated by a highly respected form of love. Nevertheless, gagawin niya ang lahat makabawi lang siya sa lahat ng kasalanan niya.

Muli niya itong tiningnan at napabuntong-hininga, he haven't seen her cry when they reached here. He doesn't know how she is holding up with the moment. Lalo na ngayon, the media are after her as the young widower and the story of her family and what really happened. Oz on the other hand seems so calm but he knew he is sad. Magkatabi ang kabaong ng lolo ni Oz at ng uncle nito, no one knows what happened. Ayaw magsalita ni Oz and the police said it was a close case and ipinalabas sa mga pulis ay naaksidente ang dalawa—a car accident.

"Oz, may I know what really happened?" he asked his friend when he sat beside him.

He folded his arms above his chest and stare at Monica, "It was an accident."

"I won't buy it." Ani niya. "I know there's something else."

Napabuntong-hininga lang uli si Oz. "I don't want to tell anyone what happened between my grandfather and that man, I don't want to remember it." He knew it was traumatic. "And Monica doesn't even know what really happened."

"Wala kang balak sabihin sa kanya?"

"Mas mabuting hindi na niya malaman ang totoong nangyari, I will keep the horrible memories to myself until I die. It will keep her from the pain." Kahit na ayaw niya sa ideya ni Oz ay wala siyang magagawa dahil hindi rin niya alam ang nangyari. Nakatingin uli siya kay Monica, she is already with her friends. Kompleto ang mga kaibigan nito, even his cousin was there. "They look so lovely right?" tanong ni Oz. "Too bad they are all taken."

"Yeah." Muling napadako ang tingin niya sa mga ito, parang kalian lang noong dumating siya sa kasal ni Heinz kay Zyrene. Hanggang sa naging sunod-sunod na, that story Monica created and he circulated even if it's not true seems to be the trigger of the group's happy ending.

"Sayang gusto ko pa namang manghuli ng star."

"Naniwala ka talaga sa star? It was a legend- no longer a legend and besides nabuwag na ang grupo." Sabi niya. Gusto niyang lapitan si Monica at yakapin hanggang sa maging okay na ang lagay nito. "Even if the wishing stars are true it won't work anymore."

"I think you are wrong, ZBS or not each of the girls were really like shooting stars and yes they can grant wishes too. Nasa taong humihiling na rin iyon kung maniniwala siya o hindi, wishes are man-made but it keeps the hope burning I think."

How he wish he can have her back, soon, but definitely not now.

"What are your plans after this?" he asked.