Part 29 - Old Memories and Promises

Marihu/Shinya

- Four Years Ago -

" Marihu? ".

I stare at them with a blank stare, not noticing Haru, Hitsugi and Nio walking up to me. I keep staring at them blankly, unknowingly clenching my left hand into a tight fist.

" Marihu ".

He is standing too close. He is trying to get her. He is trying to court her. I know that gazelle instinct anywhere. I know that selfish motive anywhere.

" Banba! ".

I gasp, jumping from the sudden yell from Nio. I turn to the three with wide eyes and they look at me with concern. Except for nio, she was smirking at me. I then sigh, glancing to them two then the three. " What? ". I said with a low tone.

" Ummm... are you going to be okay? And Tokaku will be done with the meeting in thirty minutes ". Haru said concerned. Nio snickered and I narrow my eyes at her. She then stepped forward toward me, looking at me with her wide smirk. She makes me nervous but not today. She's annoying today.

" Haru, don't you see? Even little, scared marihu could get jealous. Will shinya come back and help you? I'm sure you would want to shoo him away, right? ". She said tauntingly. She stood Infront of me and I now glare at her. She snickered again and looked to Sumireko and the tall gazelle Faunas.

" They could just be friends. They are the same faunas. It's natural ". She said and I growl. She glanced at me and laughed outloud. " I mean, she would want someone natural right? Someone who is normal? ". She taunted and I snarl. I then ran forward, pushing her to the ground as I run away from the three. We were an hour away from our territory but I don't care.

- 36 Minutes Later -

" How could I ever think I was normal? Even with shinya gone, I'm not even natural. I can't speak for myself. I can't do things for my benefit. What if Nio is right... ". I speak to myself as I walk across the plains. The yellow, tall -- used to be green grass -- brushing against my legs and tail.

" Sumireko is so poise. She's always beautiful. She's always so graceful and mannered. Then... there's me. That even sounds depressing ". I shake my head sadly. I sigh, looking up to see that I still had a long way to go. I look around, at least enjoying the quiet scenery around me.

I blew a raspberry walking faster. I then start running, jumping on all fours. I submerge myself in the tall grass, running silently and swiftly through it. I keep my breathing normal as I keep running, raising my head up a few times to see what was ahead of me. Nothing so far.

It was a few minutes before I lifted my head up again. I look around, my eyes going wide when I saw two gazelle horns sticking out from the grass. I duck my head down again, my heart suddenly beating fast. I pant heavily, looking up again to see even more gazelle horns sticking up.

I held my head up for too long as I suddenly rammed into someone Infront of me. I stumble along with them across the grass, feeling all sorts of cuts and scrapes all over my body. I wince, stopping to fall on my back with them on top of me. I groan, slowly opening my eyes. When I did, I almost gasp outloud if she hadn't covered my mouth with her hand.

" Shhh.... we're being chased ". She whispered as she hovered her face over mine. I look into her blue eyes, frowning into her hand. I pant heavily, her hand removing from my mouth. She looks at me, her expression changing into a fond one.