Part 5- Deep Talk

Weiss

- April 3rd 4:29am -

" Can't sleep? ".

I jump suddenly hearing Blake's voice. I look at her and she lays down next to me. " Sorry. I thought you heard me ". She said and I shake my head. I lay my chin on my forearm, dangling my arm off the edge of the rock platform.

It's the middle of the night and I couldn't sleep. Yang, blake and their Cubs are sleeping with us because it's been a while since we've done that. But I can't sleep. So I decided to lay at the very front of the rock platform and just stare out into the night.

" Hey... is everything alright? ". She said in a low voice. I sigh softly, turning my head to look at her. Her cat eyes were glowing in the dark which was very illuminative. But I saw the concern in her expression.

" Do you ever... overthink about our place here? That we're not supposed to be here because of our ranking as animals? ". I said softly. She looked away, her expression turning serious. She nodded " Yes, I have ". She said with a low tone. I frown, looking away towards the land.

" It's sometimes overwhelming. Being in charge of a pride that is not even your own species. Even now I know a lot of species here hate me for it. Especially for a wide-known and strong pride like this one ". I said with a quiet voice. I swing my arm back and forth slowly in an attempt to distract myself.

It was silent afterwards. All I could hear were the bugs making their sounds. And our breathing but I paid no mind to that. I turn my head to Blake and saw she was staring ahead seriously. Laying her head on her arms. But I could see the hint of sadness in her eyes.

" Try being a species that is known for being house pets. That are loved and controlled by humans. At least your a wild animal, not some feline pet ". She whispered with a sad tone. I frown, pulling my hand up. I could see her ears folding themselves down and her expression turning more sorrow.

" Being married to a lion doesn't stop them from being mean. Or stop them from being discriminative. It's worse for me than you, so good for you ". She whispered. I move my left hand to place on her arm and she looks at me. I could tell she was trying to hold back the tears.

" I'm sorry, Blake ". I whispered sadly. She looked away from me afterwards. I pull my hand away slowly, my ears folding down. " I appreciate it, but I'm sorry doesn't make it go away... ". She said her voice trailing off. She then sat up, moving to sit cross cross. I sat up too, sitting like she is.

" It's tiring. And what's worse is that I've been used to it ever since I was little. No one should be used to having everyone discriminate against them ". She said looking down at the stone. I look around the land, putting my hands together. I remember when she told me about her past. It's horrible that she went through it alone.

It went silent again. I look down at my lap looking at my joined hands. The silence was starting to get annoying now. I turn my head to Blake to say something but I stop myself from doing so. I stared at her as she had a hand to her mouth. Tears already streaming down her cheeks and over her hands.

" Blake? ". I whispered. She shook her head, ducking her head down. She shook as I heard muffled whimpering and sobs against her hand. I frown, scooting close to put an arm around her shoulders. She leaned into me and I  rub her arm up and down gently.

This must have gotten to Blake deeply. She only ever breaks down when it's too much for her to handle. And it doesn't stop until she's tired herself out from crying.

" Come on Blake. Don't let it go to your head. Your stronger than this. Your stronger than them. You shouldn't let them control you ". I whisper seriously. She pressed her hand harder to her mouth to suppress her sobs. Her head lowering more as she shook harder. Her body felt immensely tense that I can tell it was messing up her breathing.

" Let it go, Blake. Don't suppress it ". I whispered. She then pulled her hand away to gasp loudly. She then pulled me into a tight embrace, crying loudly into my shoulder. I put my arm around her as she sobbed into my shoulder. Thank god we were at a fair distance from the other dens.

I could hear her gasp for air as she cried harder. I rub circles on her back to try and calm her down. I even felt myself tear up a bit. This hurts a lot more than what meets the eye. Blake must have held it in for a long time. Poor Blake...

I don't know how long it has been since she started crying, but she eventually quieted down. I could hear her have difficulty breathing as she clutched onto me. She took in deep shaky breaths of air. I lean my head on hers as I shut my eyes. I whimper softly, forcing myself not to spill tears.

" Blake! ".

I heard yang whisper yell from behind us. I open my eyes when Blake suddenly sat up. She turned around, immediately running on all fours to yang who was approaching us. I turn around too, seeing the two nuzzle each other. I frown, standing up on all fours.

I quickly walk past them and towards Ruby. Yang could take care of Blake. I silently made my way to our bed, seeing Ruby lay on her side with her arms stretched out. I approach her slowly, tears falling down my face. I then get on the blanket and move under ruby's arms. I lay next to her, scooting forward to nuzzle my face in her chest.

I whimper into her chest as I put an arm around her torso. I grit my teeth as I couldn't help but sob into her chest. I made sure to be as quiet as possible because the Cubs are right behind Ruby. I didn't even notice Ruby stir awake.

" Weiss? ".

I stiffen when I heard Ruby whisper. I whimper, feeling her pull me into her more. I raise my head to look up at her. She looked at me with tired eyes but they changed once she finally noticed. Her expression turned into one of concern and she frowned.

" What's wrong? ". She whispered and I sniffle. I look away, burying my face in her chest again. I pull my arm away from her torso and to my chest. I felt small in her arms which made me whimper more. I shake my head against her chest.

" Weiss. What's wrong... ". She whispered in my fox ears. I felt her forehead nuzzle against my head. I sniffle, gasping for air. She kept nuzzling and I felt even more small and weak.

I didn't want to reply. I just turned myself around so my back was pressing against her front. She just kissed my temple and nuzzled into my hair. It helped but I couldn't stop crying. I just couldn't.

Do I really deserve to be here?

Do I even belong here?...