Part 15- Talking Helps

Ruby

" Ruby, I can set him free. You don't have to show him that you are hurting right now ". Erza said as she walks beside me. I sniffle, keeping my gaze towards the main tree. I shake my head, clenching my jaw.

" No ". I whispered. My voice was raspy and rough from crying. And I didn't feel like talking at the moment. Neither was the whole pride because they know about what happened. And I thank them for understanding and being there for me but come on. They don't have to be so silent.

" You sure? ". Erza asked softly. The main tree came into view with alibaba. I nod, sucking in a sharp breath. " Yes. I'm sure ". I whispered once more. I heard Erza sigh and she went quiet. I thank her for not pushing me to stay back when I don't want too.

We approach Alibaba and he lowered his head when I approached him. Erza stayed back and I kneel beside him. He gasps lightly as I reach for his rope as if I'd hurt him. I sniffle, taking out my claws and ripping the rope. It sliced through the rope easily and I stand up. I walk away from him and to Erza. I stop beside her and turn to Alibaba.

" Return to the Vale of Shadows and tell your leader that you guys are not welcomed here ever ". Erza said with a serious voice. He pushed the rope away and looked to us. He hesitated, staying on the ground before slowly standing up. He looked at me with genuine surprise in his eyes and I stare at him blankly. He must have noticed the tiredness in my eyes and that my eyes are slightly red contrast to my silver.

" And don't worry about Aladdin. He'll stay here for the time being. Except for you, run along now ". Erza spoke again. Alibaba glanced to Erza then me. He looked hesitant before doing a small bow. I sniffle, watching as he turned around and started running. He jumped onto all fours and quickly ran out of the pride area.

" At least he now realizes the kind of leader you are. He respects you ". Erza said softly. I keep looking toward his direction and sigh. I felt mentally and emotionally exhausted. Leaving me the feeling of physical exhaustion of which I drained myself after crying for twelve minutes straight. That takes a lot out of someone, especially as powerful -- with a lot of stamina -- as me.

" May I talk to you in private? In your den? ". I ask softly. I turn to her and she gives me a small smile. " Of course. Lucy is in there as well, is that okay? ". She asked as we start walking back towards the dens. I nod once and she pats my shoulder gently. I let myself crack a smile at the small gesture. It makes me happy that she asks for my consent at bad times like this.

" She's been pretty tired lately since she's been taking care of the Cubs all the time. And just today she had to watch over Eren because Annie and Mikasa went hunting for an hour or so. He's very nice, which is unusual ". She said speaking fondly of Lucy and Eren. I smile at the little joke at the end as she chuckles lightly.

" Honestly, I think he's really talented. Not a surprise at all. And he's super smart. And what surprised us was that blonde hairs started showing when he experimented with cutting his own hair ". Erza said amazed. I nod, looking ahead to see Erza's den. I look at Erza and she was smiling to herself.

" You know what would really surprise me? ". She said softly. I furrow my brows and she looked at me. She had a fondness in her eyes that gave me a warm feeling. " Grandcubs. I really hope Elliot and Ren find their mates. They deserve to be happy and not worried about me and Lucy all the time ". She said followed by a light laugh. I pat her shoulder and she nods as a thank you.

We now approach her den and we both stop at the entrance. Erza had a look of affection as she looked inside the den. I look at what she's looking at and was surprised. It was almost sunset so the sun was facing the right side of the dens. The sun was shining on Lucy as she was laying down on their make-shift blanket bed. She was laying on her stomach with her head on a pillow and her arms under it. To be honest, I can see why Erza looks at her for a long time all the time.