“I love you dress.” The girl looked like she was about sixteen and I smiled, thanking her. “Are you two together?”

“Yes.” Beau answered for me, kissing my forehead and the girl along with her friends all made an ‘aaw’ sound.

“So you’re the angel? That was so sweet today Beau!” The girl looked like she was about to pass out at being able to have something resembling a conversation with him, and I was impressed how well the four of them held their ground as people swarmed to where we were standing.

“Did you want a picture?” I offered, spying the neglected mobile in the cry ones hand. She nodded, nearly dropping it as her hand was shaking so badly. Beau posed in front of them and as Noah passed I grabbed him too, and all of their jaws dropped at having not one, but two band members stop for them.

“Could we get one with Angel too?”

Perry was already trying to lead us away and instead he was handed the girls phone as Beau pulled me to his side.

“Thank you sooo soo sooo much!” The first one squealed, and we let Perry take us inside.

I did it.

I survived.

“You were amazing out there, everyone is going to love you as much as I do Angel.”

Adrenaline took over from fear and I almost wanted to go back out there.

“Mr. Morgan, they’re waiting.” Perry spoke up, acting every bit the professional he was supposed to be.

“Who?” I asked, practically bouncing on the spot I knew if I kept up this kind of activity my feet were going to be killing me before I even got to a chance to find Jess and dance.

“Your coming out party.” Beau said something to Noah and he left us as we headed into an office up a narrow set of stairs. It wasn’t the dingy space I was expecting upstairs in a night club. It reminded me of De Lucca’s offices, lots of white and black with a few pieces of modern art which added some life to the room.

“Mr Morgan, thank you again for letting us see you.” The woman was the first to stand from the conference table, extending her hand she had a lanyard around her neck with Rolling Stone on. Looking around at the others, they were the people Perry had spoken to and all had some magazine or ID around their necks.

“Thank you for coming. Everyone, this is Rebecca Adams, my girlfriend.”

Like a bunch of gossiping school kids, they all started to talk amongst themselves.

“I know each of you have done a lot of coverage of the band and myself in particular, and are very professional in what you do. To thank you for maintaining on the right side of the fence, I thought I’d offer you all a chance at an exclusive for this evening.”

“What’s the cost? I got fifty ready to go and can up it to a couple of hundred. Is Andy around?” The man from one of the gossip websites piped up causing everyone was calling out figures and I don’t think they were talking in just hundreds.

Perry moved from the corner by the door, and clapped once to gain everyone’s attention.

“This isn’t information you’re paying me for. Rather one of you lot or someone else out there tonight finding out about her because we get coffee or are at the airport together isn’t what I want. I love her and want this to be as clean as possible. Got it?”

They all nodded.

“So she’s just a girlfriend, not a fiancé or hidden wife?”

“For now, yes she is my girlfriend.” Beau answered and they all jotted down something on their phones and tablets.