One.

From back stage the roar of the fans from the crowd in the arena were deafening, but it was as if they never existed to Brock as he saw her – Amelia, his princess. She was so much more than his muse, so much more than his first love. She was his world.

"You're here," He whispered, his voice thick with emotion at seeing her.

"Please, this doesn't need to be any harder than it already is!" Amelia cried, unable to stop her tears from falling. It was then he knew she hadn't come back to him at all. 

She never would.

"Don't. Just don't. Hear those people? For as long as I have them, who are you to me anyway?" He spat at her cruely. He always had a way with words, and even now they cut deep. He was right; who could she be to him? He had everything he had always wanted, and he clearly wanted all of that more than her. With that thought, Amelia knew she had made the right decision. It didn’t make it any easier though.

"Goodbye Amelia, forever!"

"Please, you don't have to be like this. We can-"
Amelia begged, not willing to have him out of her life completely.

"Still be friends?" Brock mocked, his anger and hurt turning him into even more of a bastard than he already felt like. Later after a bottle of whisky and a groupie he might regret it, but not now. "We're done. You wanted this so here you got it!"

Amelia was helpless to stop him and with a final look, Brock left her sobbing backstage. Finding the rest of the band they all kept their mouths shut knowing better than to talk to him like this. His heart was broken and he didn't want to repair it. 

Not now. Not ever.

Even though he couldn’t see it was for the best, Amelia sealed their fate. While he would claim it was because he had enough of her games, being a second option was never something he'd consider. She had been everything to him, he deserved to find someone to treat him the same, but deep down he knew Amelia would always be the one for him. The pain only made his resolve harder and from now on there were no more lyrics in his heart for her.

The End.

                                                            [ ♫ ]

Sobbing wasn't exactly encouraged in the workplace. Especially when you were working in a library and the bulk of the noise in the building was coming from you. Sighing I grabbed another tissue, J.M Trips really knew how to pull at your heartstrings. Four books later, the ‘Lyrics to my Heart’ series had ended, and not happily. Brock deserved so much more and just thinking about all the things Amelia put him through had me slipping into the staff room to try and gather my thoughts.

If I had someone like Brock, I'd never let him go. Problem with that was, I didn't.  In fact, reading about these relationships was as close I ever got to one. It wasn't from lack of trying. No one ever compared to the men in my fantasy world. How could they? Authors wrote them to be perfect, even when flawed they were still amazing; like Brock.

The ding of the bell from the counter got my attention and wiping my eyes I tried to look professional, sticking a fake smile on my face while inside my heart was still breaking from Brocks ending.

Going back to the counter, the cover of the book caught my attention before the girl of about my own age, who was also glancing in the direction of the chiseled abs on the cover. What would it be like to run your hands over that kind of manly perfection?