Twenty Two

“I kissed her.”

“What do you mean you kissed her? Tell me what you did! I mean everything!” I couldn’t lower my voice, my heart was racing and I was feeling dizzy. I couldn’t move away as I leant against the wall, certain I’d knock it down if I kept pushing against it.

Kiss, just a kiss’ I kept repeating to myself over and over.

“I walked in, went for the mini bar and she was sitting on the bed. I thought I was dreaming, and then I thought because I hadn’t talked to you yet, you came to see me. Are you sure you want everything?” I nodded and sighing he stood, but I refused to let him touch me. “She got up and I should have known it wasn’t you. It wasn’t your perfume, but I kissed her and we fell on the bed and I knew something was different so I stopped. I turned on the light and told her to leave. I didn’t know Angel, I’m sorry and I promise I’ll never let it happen again and….”

“Beau. I..”

“Please believe me. I called Perry, ask him – he dragged her out. I promise, I didn’t do anything!”

Now I let him hold me. For the first time I was the one who needed to be told it was going to be ok and comforted.

“Angel, tell me we’re ok. Tell me you’re not leaving.”

How did she keep getting into the hotel? She did it last time too and what did he mean she changed? There was a bit of a difference between us, if she had dyed her hair blonde and it was dark I could see how this could have happened.

“Beau, how did she get into your room?”

“The new guy let her in, Perry has dismissed him though. The guys heard the yelling and came to check it out; they know nothing could have happened. Angel, Bec, tell me we’re ok.”

“We’re ok Beau. I just, I’m going back to the hotel and Jess to think for a bit. And there is the concert tomorrow, so I’ll see you there?”

I didn't want to leave and 'run away' like I kept telling him not to do, but I did need to think and I wouldn't be able to get my mind clear with him around. I called for a taxi, avoiding his Mum as I headed outside and Beau was silent the whole time we waited for it.

“I love you Angel.” Beau didn't try to kiss me this time, but I did hug him tight which seemed to help both us.

 “I love you too.”

-

Getting to the hotel, I paid the taxi driver only I never made it up to my room. I told Jess I was coming back and she had gone out with Sparky to see if Elvis was still around, so I headed to the hotel bar.

Everyone else seemed to drink when things were hard, so why couldn’t I?

The whole situation made me mad, Julia made me mad. If I ever saw her again she wouldn’t be walking away so easily like last time.

“Didn’t expect to find you here, big brother driven you to drink?”

Looking up from my vodka I groaned at seeing Grayson.

“Just making the most of my weekend off.”

“Oh so you’re not here for work? Just pleasure?” I rolled my eyes and he ordered a drink, taking the seat beside me.

“Yeah, just pleasure.”

“Something tells me you’re not thrilled about that.”

“Observant.”