Chapter Ten

When the door shut behind him, Yugi instantly regretted whom he chose to side with.

That was his only chance, after all....

His only chance to run away.

Because now he was in a room with the notorious "Yami" Atem Sennen.

And not even the remembrance of Bakura's insightful message could comfort him now.

Silence was over matched by the sound of crackling wood from a distant place. In its direction was the only source of light.

Otherwise, it was pitch black, with an exotic scent permeating within the room. It smelled similar to the kyphi that Ishizu had in her house, paired with heavy smoke and a hint of cinnamon.

Yugi blindly followed Yami as he journeyed towards the source of the light. Though he wasn't sure, the gamer could have sworn there were paintings and pieces all over the walls.

"This room is really big for a single," Yugi mumbled under his breath as they turned the corner. Yugi sighed as he could see the source of the light, a fire, crackling within the room at the end of the hallway.

"This used to be the RA suite," Yami cooed deeply. "Until I took over," he chuckled slightly.

Yugi shivered in response. Oh God, what am I doing? The more he thought about it, the more sense it made. Every other floor had their RA suites on the end of the dorm halls. What didn't make sense was how Yami had so much power over the school that he was able to convince them to make another suite. Some answers only lead to more questions.

The shadow of Yami's spiked hair danced on the wall as the fire illuminated the remainder of the path. The two sauntered into the room as the door shut fiercely behind them.

This startled Yugi, causing him to jump slightly. He quickly peered around the room, attempting to consume his surroundings.

The first thing he noticed was the stone fireplace against the middle of the back wall. It was elegant and masterful. It merged into the wall, suggesting that there must have been some sort of outlet for the smoke to rise and disperse through. But where? Was that still not a fire hazard?

Yami sauntered towards his mahogany colored leather couch, and gracefully sat in it. Yugi's distraction toward his movement caused for him to notice the rest of the room.

Paintings and plaques adorned the walls, along with gothic clocks and Egyptian symbols. Dried up flowers and incense were scattered along the coffee table, along with orange peels and antique looking jewelry boxes. Yugi took notice of multiple exotic instruments and game pieces within the corners of the room. It had appeared as if he teleported back in time.

One thing that he specifically pondered was the location of Yami's bed.

Where was it?

The slap of flesh on the couch caused Yugi to turn his attention towards Yami, whom was smirking and suggestively motioning for Yugi to take a seat beside him. His outfit was a tad simpler than per usual, being grey skinny jeans and a silky looking black tank top. It gleamed when the light shone on it.

Not particularly ready to obey, Yugi decided to sit across from Yami in a wooden chair. The notorious student snickered in response.

What do I say? What do I ask him? What am I doing here? Where...where do we start?