Chapter Five

Front row seats.

Oh, joy.

Perhaps it could be a good thing. A clear view of the stage, lots of intimate interaction with the volunteers, genuine laughter, and the gift of not having to stare at the backs of various peoples' heads.

It could be a very good thing.

So long as no one tried to egg Yugi to get on the stage to be hypnotized.

He had enough mystical fun for one day.

The room began to fill up rather quickly. Most people were smart enough to settle down at the third row as the closest they would go. It was unfortunate that Malik was so insistent on being in the front.

"If they're open, we're going to sit there. I'm not half assing seats just because you wimps are scaredy cats."

It was Jonouchi mostly who voiced his distraught on sitting that close to the stage. Supernatural forces weren't necessarily his "cup of tea." His response to Yugi getting a psychic reading had proven that alone...

"You actually got one of those? Damn. That shits crazy! I already have to deal with Honda all day, summoning another demonic being for me to be stuck with would be way too much!"

Though Jonouchi would have preferred to keep a bit of distance between him and the stage, his ego wouldn't let him back down after being slightly insulted by a stern Malik.

"Hey! Otogi! Over here!" Honda hollered out, pulling Yugi out of his daydream.

Yugi turned his head to see whom his friend was calling for. In the midst of the confused faces and side conversations, a handsome man by the entrance shifted his attention to make eye contact with Honda.

With a quick grin and wave, he began to strut his way over to the group. His piercing green eyes were the first thing Yugi noticed, but matched with a soft smile, they didn't seem to shout as much as Yami's had. Otogi had black jagged hair, smoothed into a high ponytail in the back. A somewhat delinquent looking red headband with black diamonds wrapped around his crown. The rest of his outfit followed a similar theme, with a red vest, black under shirt, and dark jeans.

"Honda, what's up brother?" He leaned down to exchange a quick handshake into a bro hug. Yugi admired the smooth, warm tone of his voice.

"Not much man, it's great to see you again!"

The two quickly engaged in conversation about memories and sharing their summer vacations. Yugi dropped his head down in boredom, knowing such a conversation could go on forever. Jonouchi was on the other side of Honda talking with Mai, and Malik, whom was on Yugi's left, was deep in conversation with Ryou.

"Otogi, this is my bud Yugi," Honda introduced randomly, causing Yugi to look up with engagement.

"Nice to meet you," Otogi grinned while extending his hand to shake.

"Nice to meet you too," Yugi smiled, accepting the gesture.

"Otogi is one of the guys who has a single on our floor," Honda re informed.

"Oh yeah! How'd you manage that?"

An obnoxious beeping sound went off in Otogi's pocket. A puzzled expression mustered on his face as he pulled out his cell phone to identify the culprit. Before answering, he shot Yugi an apologetic look that he attempted to push off as a smile. "Depends on who you know."