XXIV

Fishing through my schoolbag, I finally got a hold of my car keys when I felt someone approach me from behind. "Hey."

I froze, terrified of facing the voice behind me.
"W-what do you want?" I stuttered, clutching the keys in my hand so tightly I could feel the ridges pressing into my palm as I turned.

A very familiar pair of brown eyes bore directly into my soul, sending shivers down my spine. "I thought I told you not to go to the police." He bellowed, resting his hand on the passenger window of my car, his blonde hair falling onto his forehead.

I backed away, slowly reaching for my phone in the back pocket of my jeans. "If you left me alone maybe-" He growled in protest, slamming his palms onto the hood before inching closer, caging me against the car with his hands on either side of my head. "Donny-" I cried, my voice wavered as I screwed my eyes shut.

Ignoring the way my body had stiffened as he pressed himself closer, he scolded, "Maybe if you wouldn't have left me two years ago I wouldn't have to be doing this right now." His erratic breath fanned my face as he slammed his fist right beside my head. "Look at me!" Whimpering, I forced my eyes open, my vision beginning to fog with tears threatening to spill.

Suddenly, a mans voice carried out in our direction, "What the hell is going on here?" The voice boomed, I uttered a high pitched cry for help, the schools police officer charged towards us. Immediately, Donny started running, I slid to the floor, hands shaking as I pressed my phone to my ear.