Chapter 9

Emma's POV

I was back at my house well the guest house that David and Margaret kept. I got a new job at a bar just to pay rent. I did miss being helpful to Killian I honestly misses him I just cant get him out of my head. I was just reading my book when there was a knock at my door.

"Emma, geez reading is that what your life has come too." August says.

"Shut up. Did you get the stuff?" I ask.

"Yes I got your Chinese food. I dont see why you didnt just get it yourself." He says.

"Is Graham still around that area?" I ask.

"Yeah he is." He says.

"Thats why." I say.

"Emma you should give him another chance and forget about this married man." He says.

"I cant just forget about him. August I think Im in love with him." I say.

"Well good luck with that." He says and walked out.

I went back to reading and having my Chinese food when there was another knock at my door. I opened it and was shocked when I saw who it was.

"Killian? What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"The girls they missed you and asked if they could see you. I hope you dont mind." He says.

"I dont mind at all." I say.

"I'll get them." He says.

"Emma!" Layla yells and hugs me.

"Hi." I say to her.

"Emma!" Sofie say and hugs me.

"Hey." I say.

"Hi Emma." Sienna says.

"Hello. Its nice to see you all." I say.

"We missed you." Layla says.

"I missed you guys too. Hey go on in if you want." I say to them.

They walked in and I turned to Killian who was just leaning against his car.

"I havent seen the that happy since before you left." He says.

"Things not going so well?" I ask.

"Well lets see Sienna isn talking to her friends. Sofie still has a bully problem. Layla doesnt play tea party with anyone anymore. As for Lola she hasnt spoken since you left." He says.

"Im sorry to hear that." I say.

"I dont know what happened they were becoming who they wanted and then they stopped I dont know why. They dont talk to me about it. Milah doesnt really talk to them about whats going on in their lives. Im a failure as a father." He says.

"No dont say that. Girls just like talking to another girl about things. Your a wonderful father. Try and tell Milah to talk to her kids." I say.

"I dont know if she will do that. She has her own mind. She doesnt really like to talk to them about their problems. She just tell them to deal with it." He says.

"What kind of mother does that? She should want to do whatever she can to make her girls feel better." I say.

"Thanks for that." He says.

"Im going to get rooms ready come inside with her when your ready." I tell him.

I got the rooms ready and since it was late the girls went to bed and Killian finally came in with Lola.

"Mamma." Lola says when she sees me.

"How did you do that?" Killian asks.

"I dont know. How about you go to bed I'll watch her." I say.

"Thanks Swan." He says and walked upstairs.

I let Lola sit on the ground and played with her toys. The feelings I have for Killian are strong, but no matter what he has a wife and so I cant be the one to ruin a family.