Chapter 1: A Fairy Big Day

Once there was a magical place, known as Pixie Hollow. One day...all the Fairies and Sparrowman were just, minding their own business. When...suddenly, they felt a small urge to...drop everything. They quickly gathered in the center of Pixie Hollow near "The Pixie Dust Tree",

"Why are we here?" they wondered.

"I can answer all your questions!" a mysterious, voice said.

"Hey, who said that?" one fairy said.

"It was, me" a shy, sparowman said. He was sitting under "The Pixie Dust Tree",

"Who are you?" one fairy. In the crowd said,

"Why I'm Terrance," he said, proudly. "I'm one of the dust-keepers" "and I can tell; you all, why we're here!" he continued. "We're here! Because I know we're all awaiting a new arrival"

"Well, that's great and all" another fairy began. "But...how do you know this?"

"Because, I just so happened to speak with Queen Clarion, a while ago and..."

"Well, spit-it-out man!" a sparowman demanded, "Go ahead and tell us!" the sparowman demanded, again.

"Ok, ok! Hold your horses" Terrance said, annoyed. "Well..." Terrance began. "She told me, that um...well" he stuttered. "We were expecting a new arrival, and to be prepared" "But...we just learned, last week that...well...it's coming today"

"Oh, so that's why we didn't hear about it," the fairy said.

"Yes, that's exactly why. So let's just stay calm, and...just...wait"

"Ok," they all agreed. So they waited, and waited, and waited.

Meanwhile, a baby was born on the "mainland", that same day. So with the help of that little baby's laugh and Vidia's winds, a little dandelion seed was able to travel, all the way from the "mainland" to pixie hollow the dandelion seed traveled. Just in time to see Terence who was in the center of it all, he sprinkled just a pinch. Then something magical happened, the dandelion seed transformed into...a fairy!

Then someone appeared as if by magic. I, myself was surprised, and a bit curious, too. She had her brown hair up in a bun; a golden ring was sitting on top of her head, it looked a lot like a halo or a crown. Her wings were like an autumn leaf cut in half, golden to a crisp, and her dress...Oh, her dress was golden. Her dress, wings, and halo shaped crown looked like they had been sprinkled with pixie dust. I was speechless

"Who...Who are you?" I managed to say, through trembling teeth.

"Why I am Queen Clarion" she put her hand on my shoulder, I could feel myself sweating, as she said. "Born of laughter, clothed in cheer. Happiness has brought you here, what's your name?" I just stood there in awe. Unable to speak, while I could hear the fairies and sparrowman in the crowd all giggle, everyone except Queen Clarion and that dust-keeper sparowman. "Oh, I see what you're going through," she said. I must have looked red-faced, because she said to the crowd "Now, now, don't laugh at her, I'm sure every one of you was once nervous to meet me, am I right?" the whole crowd nodded. "Ok then, so the next time you see a new fairy or Sparrowman like this. Remember our talk this day."

Suddenly the whole crowd started clapping "Thank you, now let's resume" no one said a peep the rest of the night. "Now, if you'd be so kind as to tell me your name, don't be nervous" I gulped, and then said in a small voice.

"Um...my name is, um...Crystal"

"What? Could you speak up, please?"

"Crystal! My name is Crystal" I said, louder.

"Oh, Crystal" she exclaimed. "What a pretty name for such a beautiful little one"

"Thank you" I acknowledged gratefully.

"Well...welcome to Pixie Hollow"

"Oh, Thank you, thank you!" I said. "Happy to, be here!" I added.

"No problem. I'm glad you're starting to warm-up to the place already" Queen Clarion said, excitedly. "Alright then, let's pick your talent!"

"Talent?" I said, questioningly. At that moment, I could see the dust-keeper sparrowman leaning over to whisper something, in my ear. "Hi, what's your name?" I asked.

"Why I'm Terrance," he said, still in a whisper. "I'm one of the dust-keepers" "and I just wanted to help clarify what a talent is" "Ok. Now, a talent is a kind of like your job, it's what you're gifted at. In other words, it's what you're born to do"

"Oh, I get it" I exclaimed, embarrassed. "Ok! Queen Clarion, I'm ready to pick my talent" I said, with great confidants.

"Ok! Then, pick away" I saw objects glowing, hovering, and rising from the floor on pillows. I walked carefully around puzzled, as I tried to pick the right one. I went around with my fingers. Tapping each one; trying to grasp my talent, but...everyone, that I tried to touch; either went from hovering 5 feet off the ground to just hovering less and the gold glow dying out, or just simply poofing into thin air. Every talent orb I touched did this, except for one.

When I passed the animal-talent orb, it started to glow, and started floating in my direction. When it...finally, came to me, and I grasped, the animal-talent orb around my fingers. Its glow got SO strong, that everyone in the crowd including myself, had to shield their eye, with their hands of course!

I couldn't believe it! I was grasping my talent; it was too good to be true. It almost felt like a...a dream! All around me I could hear voices from the crowd, saying. "Wow, I've never seen a talent glow that much before" and "I know, she must have a real gift" I could also hear Queen Clarion say "Come forth, animal-talent's and welcome the newest member of your family, Crystal." Imminently, I saw some fairies and sparowmen running towards me.