TKO

So, it's been a while since I've posted. I actually was supposed to update early; I had a draft planned out and everything. 

But then I saw someone die. 

No, I didn't know this person. Yes, it still hit me hard and in ways I never expected. I used to think that I'd be okay with seeing death especially if it had to do with a stranger, considering I want to be involved in the medical field. But being there when someone dies, and not peacefully, is hard. Personally, it trapped me inside my own mind for weeks, just thinking and rethinking everything. It's insane how one second you're full of life, even if you're thrashing around in a hospital bed, and then the next moment it's just complete silence as if you were never even real, as if you're now just a prop, a mannequin lying there motionless and silent. 

Life seems like it's everlasting, until it's not. 

Always remember to take care of yourself; emotionally and physically. 

Here's the draft that I had promised earlier...sorry it's not edited so it sucks

___________________________________________________________________

END OF 4TH PERIOD, LUNCH TIME 

"You know we take our academic honesty policy very seriously." 

I stared at Principle Norris with wide, confused eyes. 

Peter was sitting on the edge of Norris's desk, invisible to everyone else but me once again. Why? Because he was a nosy SOB. And an annoying one too, because he refused to stop mimicking everything Mr.Norris said.  

"I don't understand what you're trying to say." I said, after Principle Norris stared at me as if expecting a reply, or a confession, or something. 

He cleared his throat and opened a manila folder that was lying in front of him. He then took two packets out and pushed them across the desk and in front of me. 

I looked down at the packets and immediately recognized one. It was my essay on Nationalism. I handed it in last week after working on it for days. 

Confused, I glanced at the second packet. It looked exactly like mine did; title, date, everything. 

Everything except the name on top. 

That little bitch! 

"I have to say Daisy, I was shocked when this was brought to my attention." 

I opened my mouth to say something, anything, but I was caught off guard and couldn't even muster a single, coherent word. 

"Since this is your first offense-" 

"My first offense?!" I repeated, "What do you mean mine? This is my essay. Leah's the one that should be here-" 

He held up a hand to silence me, "It was reported to us by your teacher. He had already spoken to Leah. We know that she gave you the essay so that you could see an example of what the teacher was looking for in his directions. And she confirmed that she was the one who wrote it because one of the tutors at the writing center backed her story up. Apparently he had worked on the draft with her. So you can save any excuses you planned on making." 

I stared at him with a gaping mouth, speechless.

What the actual fuck! 

I glanced at Peter, and his expression matched mine as he stared at Mr. Norris. 

"So here's what we're going to do." he said, taking back the essays, "You'll rewrite your essay, you'll serve a weeks worth of weekends detentions, and you'll write two apology letters explaining your mistake and the lesson you've learned. One will go to your teacher, the other will go to Leah."